Friday 8 June 2012

June 2012 Card Group Projects

These are the three cards we made at card group this month.  It had been a while since we'd done any two-step stamping so I thought it was about time we had a go at that again.  There are a few grumbly mutters about two-step stamping - I don't think the Stamp-a-ma-jig is a fave tool - but the ladies all love the pretty flowers they make as the end result!  We used the Greenhouse Garden set and I think this set is more forgiving in that it's not essential to have the outline stamp lined up absolutely perfectly.

The A6 card base was made with Pale Plum CS and I added Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White as my colour combo.  Three two-step flowers were stamped direct to the Whisper White panel and then two were stamped separately, cut out and popped up.   I stamped three of just the solid smallest flower in Razzleberry, cut them out, shaped them a bit and glued them to the panel.  Pretty details were added with a punched border and some ribbon. 


For card two I used the paper piecing technique for this bright and breezy kite card.  The image was stamped direct to the card front and then stamped again onto patterned papers.  After cutting out the clouds I sponged the edges with Marina Mist ink.  The kite parts are popped up. 


I saw this little kite Snag 'em stamp at the Glitter pot for just 99p and thought it would be great to use with my kite and clouds stamp.  I stamped it inside with a sentiment to finish off the card.


Our last card was a simple one layer stamped and spritzed card.  I love the Stampin' Up! Inspired by Nature stamp set and it's been on my eBay wish list for a long time.  I got the set just recently and I was so happy to ink up the coneflower stamp!  I used markers and stamped the image direct to the card.  I then stamped the sentiment and rounded the top corner.  To finish off I spritzed the whole card front with gold Perfect Pearls mist.  A nice, easy CAS card for the ladies to finish off with after the rigours of two-step stamping!


Supplies for Best Wishes card:
Stamps: SU! Greenhouse Garden set, Best Wishes from Hobby Art
CS: SU! Pale Plum, Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzleberry & Whisper White
 Ink: SU! Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry & Lucky Limeade
Tools: SU! Eyelet Border punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, embossing tool and moulding mat
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rich Razzleberry dotted grosgrain ribbon, SU! white baker's twine, 3d foam pads


Supplies for it's your day! card:
Stamps: Paper Smooches Cut Loose clear stamp, Imaginisce Snag'em kite clear stamp, SU! Happiest Birthday Wishes set
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank
Patterned paper: Bo Bunny Powder Blue Double Dot, Echo Park Little Girl papers
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Marina Mist, SU! Marina Mist & Pixie Pink markers, blender pen
Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads

Supplies for Thinking of You card:
Stamps: SU! Inspired by Nature & Sincere Salutations sets
CS: PaperMania square cream card blank
Ink: SU! Early Espresso, SU! Wild Wasabi, Summer Sun & Close to Cocoa markers
Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold mist


Photobucket

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

Ruth, these are amazing! REALLY love the clouds on the kite card--so does my DH--he commented on them being awesome. ;D LOVE these!!!

01 09 10