Saturday, 16 June 2012

Two Snowmen Cards - 52 CCT Theme Challenge Cards

This week at the 52 CCT challenge blog there is a snowman theme - fabulous, that's right up my street, I LOVE snowmen!   I've been spending more time in my craft room this week due to hubby watching the football games on TV.  It just so happened that I had two new snowmen stamps that needed to get inked up - so all in all it was easy for me to make two cards for this week's challenge!

First up was this 5 1/4" square black, white and red card using a popped up die cut panel - I love making cards with this technique at the moment!  I die cut the snowflakes from the black panel and then popped the panel up over the white mat layer.  I couldn't resist adding this unusual snowman stamp to my collection, I love the festive details on the image, there's Santa in his sleigh with reindeer, snowflakes, holly, trees and a candy cane.  I stamped the snowman, cut him out and popped him up.  I added a rhinestone brad to my Merry Christmas banner and placed rhinestone gems in the centre of the snowflakes.


Here's the inside with a stamped sentiment and a punched snowflake border.  I stamped the SU! 'Snowman Fun' wheel stamp on the front of the envelope - it always make me smile to use this fun stamp and see the resulting line of snowmen - the worried one whose neighbour has just melted tickles me no end!



Onto card two and isn't this snow couple stamp adorable?!  Such a happy image!  I stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with inks and a water brush.  It's a jumbo stamp so when you add a couple of layers you've got a card front more or less sorted.  The card measures 5 3/4" square and I've used Baja Breeze and Elegant Eggplant with white as my colour combo.  I stamped the sentiment and added a die cut snowflake.  To carry on the 'love' theme suggested by the snow couple and sentiment, I added a punched heart to the centre of the snowflake.  I added Crystal Effects to make it raised and shiny and popped a gem in the centre.  I added gems to the snowflake points too and popped the snowflake up.


Inside I carried on the love theme by using an appropriate sentiment and punched hearts.  The swirly snowflake border is included in the set with the snow couple, I stamped it again and punched out a circle for the envelope flap.


I had such a happy time putting these cards together - I hope you'll play along with us this week and get inky and happy with your snowmen too, I look forward to seeing what you make!  Check out Jacqueline and Mynnette's fab creations for this snowmen challenge too!

Supplies for Merry Christmas card:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Snowman, Merry Christmas from SU! Season of Joy set, inside sentiment from Penny Black, SU! Snowman Fun wheel
CS: SU! Riding Hood Red & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Groom Specialty paper
Ink: SU! Riding Hood Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Sizzix Mini Snowflakes Movers & Shapers dies, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die, EK Success Snowflake border punch
Embellishments & accessories: rhinestone brad, rhinestone jewels, 3d foam tape


Supplies for snow couple card:
Stamps: Stampendous Snowfall Pair Jumbo Cling set, Personal Impressions Christmas Messages clear set, Hero Arts Merry Merry Christmas clear set

CS: SU! Baja Breeze, Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: SU! Baja Breeze, Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie & Basic Gray, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Sizzix Snowflake Sizzlits die, small heart punch, circle punches, water brush, Perfect Layers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Crystal Effects, rhinestone jewels, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

7 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I can see why you love snowmen so much - those images are gorgeous - Jacqueline xx

Margaret said...

Love both of these-the elegance of the first card and the cool wintry colors of the second! Beautiful!

Creative M said...

Ruth,they are all lovely!!!On the first card did you embossed the cardstock?The image of the snowmen is Cute!I love it!

Mynnette said...

These are so fabulous! I love them, too!!! AND your signature--you know how I love these! ;) Fabulous job--you are really making us proud at 52CCT! :)

Patty Gorka said...

Fabulous snowmen cards! Love that you did the inside and envelopes too!

kelly said...

What gorgeous cards Ruth, I especially love the snowman on the first card, very elegant! I don't think I own any snowmen stamps? how weird!!
Kelly xx

Samantha said...

lovely card thanks for visiting my blog too! hugs me xx