Friday 22 June 2012

Flower Pot Best Wishes Card For Migdalia

Migdalia (Creative M) has left some lovely comments for me and we've exchanged a few emails after I answered a question she had asked me about one of my cards.  When she left me a comment telling me it was her birthday that day I offered to send her a card - albeit a belated one!  I knew Migdalia liked the flower stem stamps from the Woodware 'Three Flowers' set so that's what I used for her card.

The card measures 5 3/4" square and I used Pool Party, Pretty in Pink and Basic Black as my colour combo.  The front of the card is shaped as I used an Edgelit die to trim off some of the Pool Party card front, I added a pink shaped piece and the ribbon and then I glued a strip of black CS inside the card.  I stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with inks and a water brush.  I stamped three flower heads separately, cut them out and popped them up.  I added a touch of twinkle to the flower centres with a silver Stardust pen.  I popped the flower pot up and added three black candy dots to the main panel to finish off the card front.



As I knew the card would arrive after Migdalia's birthday I used a non birthday sentiment - this Hero Arts 'Wishing you lots of everything wonderful' is one of my faves and is suitable for lots of occasions!  I added some teeny flowers with black gem centres to the label and stamped a circle element for the envelope flap.



I always like an opportunity to send a card to someone I've 'met' even if it's a virtual meeting over the web, especially if they've taken the time and trouble to leave me comments or email me!  Thank you Migdalia for the sweet email thanking me for the card - it was a joy to make it for you! 

Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware Three Flowers clear set, Hero Arts Lots of Wonderful, Kanban Floral Panels clear set
CS: SU! Pool Party, Pretty in Pink & Basic Black, watercolour paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Pool Party, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose & Lucky Limeade, Sakura silver Stardust pen
Tools: SU! Adorning Accents Edgelit die, Labels Four Nestabilities die, circle punches, flower punch from SU! Itty Bitty Punch Pack, water brush
Embellishments & accessories: stitched black & white ribbon, Pebbles Inc. black candy dots, black gems, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

1 comment:

Migdalia said...

The card is really beautiful and it arrived at a moment when I needed a Smile.So Thank you for sending me a Perfect card on a Perefct moment and giving me that Smile.I truly appreciate it.

01 09 10