Saturday 7 July 2012

Flower Panel Thinking Of You Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #67

It's sketch layout time again at the Simply Stampin' challenge blog - and it's another winner!


I used the SU! Bordering on Romance set and a fave eggplant and olive colour combo - with some plum and white thrown in.  I made my 5 3/4" card base with Elegant Eggplant CS, punched a white lace strip for the centre and added two strips of Old Olive dotted scallop ribbon.  I cut a white Label Framelit shape and I used markers to colour the 'Thinking of You' with olive and eggplant inks.  I stamped the floral images onto watercolour paper, coloured with inks and a blender pen, added some white gel pen highlights and fussy cut all the images.  I stamped and coloured the three flowers from the largest image separately and popped them up after cutting them out.  I matted the label shape onto Perfect Plum and Old Olive layers and added rhinestone jewels to the label and the flower centres.


For the panel inside the card I punched an eggplant lace strip, placed 1"punched olive circles behind and added punched white Itty Bitty flowers with jewel centres on top.   For the envelope flap I stamped and coloured the floral sprig and used Label Framelits dies to mat and layer.  Now it's over to you, go and check what the other DT members have made and then go and get inky and join in with our sketch, I'd love to come and see what you create!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Bordering on Romance & Sincere Salutations sets
CS: SU! Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Perfect Plum & Whisper White
Ink: Black StazOn, SU! Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum & Old Olive, blender pen, white gel pen
Tools: SU! Labels Framelits dies, SU! Lace Ribbon Border, 1" circle & Itty Bitty Shapes flower punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive Scallop Dots ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals



Photobucket

6 comments:

Amanda Burditt said...

Ruth, this is absolutely stunning!!! The colour combo is a total winner! What a beautiful card!! That's some patient cutting out for the flowers! xx

Mynn xx said...

Not only is the sketch a winner, but I think your card is, too, Ruth!!!! OH my word--the shading on those flowers is amazing! Absolutely GORGEOUS! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Ruth, this card is amazing. I love the careful cutting and colouring of the flowers. It is also a stunning colour combination.

I also love how you have used the lace border punch on the inside of the card - very clever.

Deb x

Kirei said...

Stunning card Ruth, love the colour combo you have used and all of the detailed fussy cutting! Kirei x

Margaret said...

Gorgeous flowers and I love this color combo!

kelly said...

Great colour combo Ruth, purple and green always look so good together! I really need to pull my finger out and start using my stash more, I have only made one card with this set, shame on me!!
Kelly xx

01 09 10