Saturday 21 July 2012

Holly Wreath Z Fold Card - 52 {C}CT July Theme Challenge Card

This week at the 52 {C}CT challenge blog we have a wreaths theme challenge for you.


I've gone for a traditional red and green colour combo for my Z fold card and I've added a little touch of luxury in the form of some velvet.  I made the 5 3/4" square card from Riding Hood Red CS and I glued the velvet flocked holly paper to the inside panel of the card.  I stamped the holly wreath twice onto white CS, coloured using inks and a blender pen and I cut out the larger berries and popped them up.  I stamped the bow separately onto a piece of deep red velvet paper, cut it out and popped that up also.  I edged the white panel with Old Olive ink before layering onto Riding Hood Red and Old Olive mats.  I attached the main image panel to the card front and made the holly berries raised and glossy with Crystal Effects.


I stamped a sentiment and some holly on a white panel for inside the card and sponged the edges.  I simply punched a circle of the holly paper and matted onto a larger red circle to go on the envelope flap to finish the card.  Please play along with us at 52 {C}CT this week, I'd love to come and see your wreath cards! Don't forget to check out the cards the other DT members have made, there's some fab inspiration from them!



Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'Holly Wreath' clear stamp, Stampendous 'Christmas Wishes' clear set
CS: SU! Riding Hood Red, Old Olive & Whisper White
Patterned paper: Making Memories flocked holly paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Riding Hood Red & Old Olive, blender pen
Tools: SU! Simply Scored, 1 3/4" & 2" circle punches, Perfect Layers, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Crystal Effects, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I love your flocked paper Ruth it also adds great texture to a card - I love your shiney berries too - they look like little jewels - Jacqueline xx

kelly said...

What gorgeous flocked paper! I want some!
Have you glazed the berries? they look so shiny!
Kelly xx

Patty Gorka said...

Super wreath card! I really like the Z fold and how you stamped the inside!

Danielle Vincent said...

Great Z fold card! This is so fun, yet elegant at the same time. I love it!

Mynn xx said...

Ruth, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! LOVE those wet berries--this looks fabulous! Another amazing piece of artwork! :)

Julie said...

Love the texture and the colour! Great wreath and the glossy berries look stunning. I love glossy effects and the dimension you've created.

01 09 10