Thursday 26 July 2012

It's Your Birthday Tag Card

This is a birthday card I made at a Stampin' Up! Make and Take evening.  Oooh, that curve on the patterned paper was a trial for me, I think I nearly wore my eraser out I had to rub out my pencil lines so many times!  In the end I asked my demo Joanne to take pity on me and she very kindly drew the curve for me!  After cutting the curve I glued the paper to the Limeade panel, attached the strip of ribbon and glued the panel to the Concord Crush card base.  I then die cut the swirl and glued pieces from the die cut to the bottom of the card.  I used markers to ink just the frame and wording on the birthday tag stamp, punched it out and matted it onto a larger Limeade punched tag.  After punching a hole I slid the clip over the ribbon and tied on the tag with baker's twine.  I then added the leaves - pieces left over from the swirls die cut - and Melon Mambo flowers to the tag.  I placed rhinestone jewels in the flower centres to finish off the front.


I didn't waste the curved piece of patterned paper I had left over from making the card front - I glued it to a Bashful Blue CS panel for inside the card.  I added the sentiment square and decorated the envelope flap with a strips of patterned paper and Concord Crush CS.  Lucky Limeade and Melon Mambo are firm favourites of mine but I've not been that keen on Concord Crush.  I must say though it does go really well with those colours and the pretty patterned paper!  I really like the look of curved shapes on cards but I'm just not confident or good at drawing good curves myself - I will have to practise methinks!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Happiest Birthday Wishes
CS: SU! Concord Crush, Lucky Limeade, Melon Mambo & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Cheerful Treat DSP
Ink: SU!
Concord Crush, Lucky Limeade & Melon Mambo
Tools: SU! Tag punches, 1/16" circle punch, Swirls Scribbles Sizzlits die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Concord Crush Stitched-Poly ribbon, Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine, silver clip, Rhinestone Jewels



Photobucket

4 comments:

Autumn Mist said...

What a gorgeous set, I love it when you do something fab with the inside and the envelope as well, so inspiring!

Danielle Vincent said...

I love what you did with the inside and the curved cutout. Funny how something can looks so easy and yet be so challenging :o) I have that same issue a lot more than I care to admit. Lovely card!!

Margaret said...

The curve really adds so much to the card and I love that you put the 'scraps' to use as well!

I have a difficult time freehanding things too...

kelly said...

Loving the flourish in the same colour gives great dimension! Another fab card Ruth, don't worry you're not the only one I struggle if things aren't straight lines, so a curve would throw me too!
Kelly xx

01 09 10