Saturday 21 July 2012

Vintage Thanks So Much Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #69

It's a lovely theme - Vintage - this week at the Simply Stampin' challenge blog.  Aged, shabby and distressed - but that's enough about me, let me tell you about the card I made LOL!

I've used one of my all time favourite stamp sets, Vintage Vogue, and the elegant Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder for my card.  I started off with an A6 size Crumb Cake card base and I then inked the folder with Soft Suede ink before embossing a piece of Pink Pirouette CS.  I tore the corner off the pink piece, stamped the sentiment on a piece of Very Vanilla CS which I then crumpled up.  I stamped the flourish a few times on Crumb Cake CS with Soft Suede ink, inked the edges and layered onto a Soft Suede mat.  My flowers were stamped in Pretty in Pink ink and rock 'n rolled in Crumb Cake, edged with Soft Suede ink, cut out and shaped.   I added pearls to the flower centres.  I shabbied up the pink, vanilla and Soft Suede pieces by distressing the edges with the blade of my scissors and I inked the edges with Soft Suede ink.  Before gluing the panel to the front of the card I attached a strip of Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon and a bow.  I distressed those by heating the ribbon with my heat tool so it went crinkly and added some Soft Suede ink on the edges.  I popped up the Soft Suede panel at an angle over the ribbon. 


Here's the inside and the back of the envelope.  I used the Very Vintage wheel for the strip at the bottom, added a line with my Soft Suede marker and stamped three small flowers.  I decided I wanted to make an envelope for my card with CS rather than patterned paper.  The instructions I have to make a C6 size envelope say to use a piece of paper 8 1/2" square and to make A scores at 4 1/2" and B scores at 3 1/4".  Hmmm, I only had A4 size Pink Pirouette CS which is not 8 1/2" wide.  I used an 8 1/4" square piece instead and scored the A and B lines at the same measurements and the card fit inside just fine! I used circle punches, brads and linen thread to make an office envelope style closure.  I added the bradded circles before assembling the envelope.


I stamped the Very Vintage wheel on the front and added Soft Suede marker lines.  I made this card for Owen to give to Jan and Alan to say thank you for his birthday gifts - I hope they liked it!


I also hope you'll play along with us at Simply Stampin' and take part in our Vintage theme challenge, I look forward to popping along to see what you've made!  There will be more great inspiration from the other DT members so please make sure you check their creations out!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Vintage Vogue & Sincere Salutations sets, Very Vintage wheel
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede & Very Vanilla
 Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink, Crumb Cake & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Simply Scored & Diagonal Plate, 1/2" & 3/4" circle punches, Stamp-a-ma-jig, heat tool, paper piercer, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, Pearl Jewels, Pretty in Pink brads, glue dots & Dimensionals



Photobucket

10 comments:

kelly said...

LOVE this! Looks like you've saved it from the fire and made something fabulous with it!
Also loving that treatment on the back of the envelope!
Kelly xx

Amanda Burditt said...

Love the torn distressed edges! Inking the folder gives such a lovely vintage feel doesn't it!?! xx

Victoria said...

Love all these pretty layered flowers with this great embossing folder. Vintage loveliness!

Patty Gorka said...

Your vintage card is so beautiful! Love the soft pink color and perfect sponging.

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so impressed with how well you made this card. This type of style is a challenge for me - I love it but it feels like I never quite get it. Might have to give it a go using your lovely card as an example!!

Mynn xx said...

Hmmm...I seem to remember using that set recently... ;) LOVE this--the soft colors with the hint of darker tons is fabulous--and I ADORE the torn edge up there in the corner for you sentiment!!! STUNNING! :)

Kirei said...

Fab vintage design Ruth, loving the colour combo and all the cool distressing you have used! Kirei x

Margaret said...

Beautiful vintage card! The embossing and distressing are perfect on this!

Anonymous said...

I love how you have distressed just about everything on this card - even the ribbon! Your card certainly fits the Vintage theme perfectly. It is beautiful. Deb x

Laura said...

This is so beautiful Ruth! The distressing is so pretty and makes the card look so vintage.
You are very talented.
Laura xx

01 09 10