Monday 6 August 2012

Heart Ruby Wedding Anniversary Card

A friend asked me to make a Ruby Wedding Anniversary card for her and the brief she gave me was "nothing too fancy".   I started off with a 5 3/4" Riding Hood Red square card and added in some gorgeous Everyday Enchantment patterned papers.  I die cut a Riding Hood Red shaped border using an Edgelits die and embossed it as well.  I printed the sentiment onto Very Vanilla CS, layered the vanilla strip onto the red panel and matted that onto a Brushed Gold layer.  I punched a heart, popped it up and added a heart shaped diamante sticker.


I cut a Very Vanilla panel for inside the card and added a red strip that I'd embossed with the hearts Adorning Accents embossing folder.  I stamped the lovely sentiment ("Warmest Congratulations and Best Wishes for the future"), matted that onto a Brushed Gold square and added 2 small punched hearts.  On the front of the envelope I added a patterned paper banner and a popped up heart.  I am glad to say my friend was happy with the card!


Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'Sentiments' clear set
CS: SU! Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla & Brushed Gold

Patterned Paper:  SU! Everyday Enchantment DSP
Ink: SU! Riding Hood Red
Tools: SU! Full Heart punch, SU! Adorning Accents Edgelits die & embossing folders, square Nestabilities dies, small heart punch, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die
Embellishments & accessories: heart diamante sticker, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

4 comments:

kelly said...

This is so pretty Ruth, it's quite simple but gorgeous, loving the bling on the heart!
Kelly xx

Margaret said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the jewels on the heart and once again, the envelope and inside are every bit as pretty as the front!

Patty Gorka said...

What a beautiful card. It's wonderful that your friend was happy with it and I can see why! I really like these colors together and your envleope is awesome.

Laura said...

Really beautiful card Ruth, I bet your friend loved it!
Laura xx

01 09 10