Wednesday 1 August 2012

Violet Flower Swing Birthday Card

I love the Bo Bunny Double Dot papers and I've bought a few of the colours.  The papers are textured and double sided with dots on one side and a plain wash finish on the reverse side.  I keep coming across this sheet of violet paper but somehow it always makes its way back into the box and remains unused.  Anyway, this time I made myself use it!

I started off by making an Old Olive square swing card with my Flip-Its die.  I used the dotty paper for the back panel, I stamped the flower on the dotty paper too and cut it out.  I stamped the leaves on Old Olive CS and cut those out.  I placed an Old Olive button in the centre of my flower, popped the flower up onto a black mat layer and added two fancy Meridian borders.


For the back of the swing element I stamped a flower and sentiment and matted onto a black layer.  A few flowers stamped on the front of the envelope finished everything off.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts ''To from Petals' clear set & 'Fabulous Birthday'
CS: SU! Old Olive & Basic Black

Patterned Paper:  Bo Bunny Violet Double Dot
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Lilac Posies
Tools: Sizzix 'Card, Square Flip Its' die, Memory Box Meridian Border die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive button, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Ruth love the layout and colours fab details! Jo xxx

kelly said...

That flower almost looks stitched, it's beautiful. I haven't had a go at a swing card, can you buy them ready to decorate or can you make them without a die? Although I'm sure a die makes things so much easier!
Kelly xx

01 09 10