Saturday 25 August 2012

Two Chipboard Cards - 52 {C}CT Aug Embellishment Challenge

This month's embellishment challenge at 52 {C}CT is to use chipboard pieces.  Well, this challenge gave me the chance to use stuff that has been in my stash for YEARS!  My first card is a silver bell shaped card.  I've always loved shaped cards and I've bought quite a few types over the years.  I bought bell and bauble shaped cards from Craftwork Cards many years ago.  I still have a few left 'cos they never make it out the door when I have a clear out - they're too unusual and I can't let them go!

The card is made up of three separate pieces - two metallic silver bell shapes and a plastic bell shape.  All the pieces have holes and you tie the three pieces together with ribbon, placing the plastic shape at the front - and the card stands up - fab!  I embossed one silver bell  with a snowflake embossing folder and then attached my silver glittered chipboard  snowflake to the plastic bell.  The snowflake was self adhesive but I also attached it to the bell with a charm brad.   The brad anchors my small sentiment piece which I punched out with the SU! Word Window punch.


I simply added a stamped die cut circle inside the card.  The cards came with snazzy silver envelopes and I added a punched snowflake circle to the flap.


The bell card came together so quickly I took the opportunity of making another card using a chipboard tree that's been hanging about for years!  I used some Bella Bleu retired SU! papers - not Christmassy but I don't think that matters!  I added a fishtail banner, a scalloped punched strip, a button and a sentiment piece to the card front.  I covered the tree shape with patterned paper and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  I punched a star shape for the top of the tree and added a sparkly silver dome sticker.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  Two Christmas cards to add to the box and old items used from my stash - it's a win-win situation!  Don't forget to check out the great cards from the other 52 {C}CT Design Team members and then do join in our chipboard challenge, I'd love to come and see your Christmas cards!


Supplies for bell card:
Stamps: PTI Tag Its #9 set,  PSX Snowflake Medley, SU! Best Yet set
CS: Craftwork Cards silver bell shaped card base, SU! Whisper White & Basic Black
Ink: Memento Gray Flannel & Tuxedo Black
Tools: Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder, circle Nestie die, circle punches, SU! Word Window punch, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: My Mind's Eye silver glittered chipboard snowflake, Dovecraft Charm Brad, silver glitter ribbon


Supplies for tree card:
Stamps: SU! Season of Joy set, Stampendous Christmas Cheer
CS: SU! Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist & Very Vanilla

Patterned Paper:  SU! Bella Bleu DSP
Ink:  SU! Crumb Cake & Not Quite Navy
Tools: SU! Eyelet Border punch, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die, X Cut star punch, circle Nestie dies, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Craftwork Cards chipboard tree shape, SU! Marina Mist button, PaperMania silver dome glimmer stickers



Photobucket

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Just stunning xx

Mynn xx said...

Good gravy these are fabulous, Ruth!!! That bell with the snowflake is just stunning, and your patterned tree is wonderful! LOVE! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Its a win-win for us too to see these amazing cards. Love that bell!!! I think I'd be hoarding it too but I'm sure glad you shared it with us.

01 09 10