Saturday 30 March 2013

Roses Fantastic Day Card - Inkspirational Challenge #13

It's sketch time at Inkspirational this week and I'm here with an end of the week encouragement post.  If you haven't joined in with the challenge yet, take a look, it's a fab layout!  It would be great if you played along with us, I'd love to come and see your interpretations!


My card started off with the pretty patterned paper, once I'd chosen that I knew which stamps and colours I wanted to use and I was away.  I used my Circle Scissor tool to cut the semi circles at the side.  The white looked too stark left as it was so I stamped a background stamp in Antique Linen ink, it's very subtle but it made a difference.  I stamped the roses and leaves, fussy cut them and popped them up.  I used an oval punch layered onto an Apothecary Accent die for my sentiment - that die has such a beautiful shape!  For the three small circle elements of the layout I positioned two pearls and placed a silver brad between them. 


Ta dah, surprise - it's not a conventional card - the semi circle swings up to reveal a birthday sentiment!  I glued the Pool Party semi circle to the patterned paper and attached my front semi circle with the brad to enable it to swing up.  I then glued the whole thing to an A5 piece of Riding Hood Red CS to form the card.  I love cards with an unexpected twist!  The layout made this card come together so quickly and easily, it was really fun to make!


I fussy cut three pretty roses from the patterned paper to adorn my envelope flap. 


I hope I've inspired you to try this sketch layout, please check out what the other DT members have come up with also and then do join us at Inkspirational!

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted 'Blooming Marvellous' clear set, both sentiments from Hero Arts, Penny Black 'Delicate Pattern' background stamp
CS: SU! Riding Hood Red, Pool Party & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline 'Wild Flower'
Ink: SU! Riding Hood Red & Pool Party, Antique Linen Distress Ink
Tools: EK Success Circle Scissor Plus, SU! Apothecary Accents Framelits die, SU! oval punch
Embellishments & accessories: aqua pearls, silver brad, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

3 comments:

sandie said...

Hi Ruth, This is fabulous, and what a surprise to open like this, very clever and I can see it was fun xx

Mynn xx said...

HOLY COW, Ruth! LOVE this amazing card! GORGEOUS coloring and I LOVE the fold up part! Totally pinned!!! Mynn xx

Marina said...

Hi Ruth, clever card and very pretty! Marina

01 09 10