Monday 25 March 2013

Sparkly Silver Evening Gown My Friend Card

Yes, I've been playing with the Dress Up Framelits dies again!  This time I've cut the whole dress then cut the bottom of the dress twice more and layered all the pieces in order to make a long evening gown.

I stamped the floral image from the Elements of Style set onto Shimmery White CS, cut out a Top Note shape and trimmed a tad off one side before gluing it to the Pool Party A6 card base.  I  used Silver Glimmer paper to cut out the gown and I embellished with black ribbon and an Antique Brad with a rhinestone jewel centre.  I cut a black dress form and cut it apart to extend the length to accommodate the evening gown.  I popped up the dress form but glued the bottom part down so that it won't get caught up when going in and out of an envelope.  I stamped the sentiment and added 3 punched and shaped flowers with jewel centres.

  
I cut a Whisper White panel for inside the card and stamped the floral image on opposite corners.  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Pool Party CS, cut it out with an Apothecary Accents Framelits die and added two more punched flowers. 


I kept the envelope very simple, just stamping the beautiful floral image on opposite corners.  What a gorgeous stamp that is!  I had a wonderful time putting this sparkly, stylish little number together * happy sigh *


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Elements of Style', 'My Friend' & 'Vintage Verses' sets
CS: SU! Pool Party, Basic Black, Whisper White & Shimmery White CS, Silver Glimmer Paper

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Dress Up' Framelits dies, Top Note die, Apothecary Accents Framelits die, Itty Bitty Flower punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Antique Brad, black grosgrain ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo DiamanteHeartsRuth.gif

1 comment:

Autumn Mist said...

How gorgeous, I could stare at it for hours! Fab use of the dress form and pool party and black is one of my favourite colour combos.

01 09 10