Saturday 8 June 2013

Fruity Flowers Happy Birthday Card - Inkspirational Challenge #23

At Inkspirational this week we have a summery, fruity colour combo challenge for you!  I'm here with an end of the week encouragement post.  If you haven't joined in already, there's still time to take part as the challenge is open until noon (CST) on Tuesday!

 

I've used SU! Pumpkin Pie and Summer Starfruit plus Pink Grapefruit VersaMagic ink - the closest colour I had to the melon shade in the prompt picture!  I love a flowery stamp set that has a matching punch and I reached for my SU! Posy Punch stamp set and Fancy Flower punch for this card.  I trimmed about 3/4" off the bottom of the A6 card base and then glued my three stamped and punched flowers to the bottom of the card.  When standing up on display the card rests on the flowers, so to add strength, I stamped and punched three more flowers and glued them behind the front ones.  I stamped, punched out and popped up centres for the flowers and added bling.  I stamped the sentiment and added some ribbon.  I wrapped a strip of ribbon around the card and taped the ends inside and then hot glued a separate bow onto the strip on the card front.  I find attaching a separate bow easier and less stressful!  


After cutting off the bottom of the card I glued a strip of Pumpkin Pie CS inside.  This shows through when the card is closed.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I used some glitter glue I've had in my stash for a very long time for the flower centres.  I haven't used it in years so I wasn't sure it would be any good but it was perfect still!


I have to confess and say putting orange and yellow together on the same card is a problem for me, it's not one of my fave combos.  And as for Summer Starfruit - let's just say I find that particular colour 'extremely challenging' and leave it at that!  However, I like the fresh and citrussy vibe along with the crisp white card base, it's very summery and makes me want to eat a fruit cocktail!  I hope you'll join us at Inkspirational this week and make fresh, fruity creations of your own - I'd love to come and see what you make!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Posy Punch' & 'Curly Cute' sets, 'Lovely Day' from Penny Black
CS: PaperMania white A6 card blank, SU! Pumpkin Pie & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pumpkin Pie & Summer Starfruit, VersaMagic Pink Grapefruit chalk ink
Tools: SU! Fancy Flower punch, 3/4" circle punch, I Bond hot glue gun, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, Puttin' on the Glitz 'Champagne' glitter glue, Dimensionals


 photo ruthbee.gif

6 comments:

Pia S said...

I think these vibrant colors look great together, and I love the stamps you've used. And what a great idea to cut around the flowers to create this shaped edge! Fab design!

sandie said...

Well Ruth, you may not be so keen on these colours together but this card contradicts this! Such a creative design, I love how you used the flowers as the base. Hope you are well my friend, we need a catch up!!

Mynn xx said...

Well, for someone who didn't like the colors, you sure rocked this one! LOVE the fun way you did the flowers to create a shaped border! LOVE this one! ;)

Marina said...

I love the way you've shaped the bottom of your card, Ruth, and I think you've used the colours really well. Marina

Katy said...

I love this card! The colors are so happy and the flowers are so pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so bright and fun! I love the flower shape cut into the bottom of the card and as always, the inside of the card is beautiful! Great use of the colors!
- Shauna

01 09 10