Friday 14 June 2013

Sparkly Congratulations Engagement Card


My friend Kath asked me to make a personalised engagement card for her grandson Mark and his fiancee Steph.  Mark has just proposed while on holiday with Steph and Kath wants to pop the card through their letter box so it's waiting for them when they get back from holiday at the weekend so there wasn't a lot of time for me to hang about with this one!

I've always liked the champagne glasses 'celebrate' card on page 41 of the UK SU! catalogue so that was my starting point.  I decided to mount the glasses on a circle to go in the centre of the gorgeous Hello, Doily stamp.  I stamped the Doily in Blushing Bride ink, trimmed the white panel to size, layered onto a Basic Gray mat and attached the layers to a 5 1/4" square Blushing Bride card base.  I inked the glass stamp with Blushing Bride ink so that I had pink bubbly and then I added Basic Gray ink to the glass with a marker pen.  I fussy cut both glasses, popped them up and added jewels for the bubbles. I then punched some silver glitter hearts, glued a couple flat to the card and popped a couple up.  I computer generated the sentiment using the Euphoria Script font and layered it onto a Basic Gray strip.


I cut a white panel for inside the card, stamped the sentiment and partial doilies at opposite corners and added more punched hearts.  The envelope flap got punched hearts too!


I was pleased how this card came together and I just hope the happy couple like it!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Hello Doily' stamp, 'Embellished Events' set, Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set
CS: SU! Blushing Bride, Basic Gray & Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: SU! Blushing Bride & Basic Gray
Tools: Plain circle Nestabilities dies, SU! Heart to Heart & Full Heart punches, X Cut heart punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


 photo SparkleHeartRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10