Tuesday 9 December 2014

3rd Wedding Anniversary Kickstand Card

Kath asked me to make a wedding anniversary card for her son and daughter-in-law, David and Marie.  I made their wedding card and 1st and 2nd anniversary cards and it's lovely to be asked to make a card for their third anniversary!

I decided on a kickstand card as I haven't made one of those in a while.  I cut a 5 3/4" square piece of white pearly CS and embossed it with the elegant Embossalicious 'Splendour' 6" x 6" embossing folder.  I cut a 10 1/2" x 3 3/4" strip of black CS as the kickstand and scored it at 5 3/4".  I stamped the heart onto a piece of Authentique lace design paper, stamped three dotty flowers on the reverse side of the paper and fussy cut the heart and flowers.  I die cut solid and outline Lorelai Leaf shapes, layered the outline over the solid and glued it to the heart.  I used a black Sharpie pen to fill in the dots on the flowers, shaped each flower, stacked the three layers and popped the flower up.  I computer generated the sentiment using the Grand Hotel font, printed it out onto the lacy paper, cut it into a strip, matted it onto a larger strip, glued it onto the black kickstand and glued the kickstand to the white square to form the card base.  I rounded some corners, popped up the heart, added three punched flowers and a die cut and embossed bitty bow.  I sprinkled on some black and clear gems to complete the front. 


Here's a photo of the kickstand card from a different angle.


I cut a piece of white CS to go inside as a sentiment panel, added some strips at the bottom, stamped the 'With Love' and added three punched hearts. 


The Authentique lacy paper is absolutely beautiful and I used it to make an envelope.  I layered two die cut shapes to make a name label and added two clear gems.  I'll be delivering this to Kath later today and I hope it gets a favourable response!


Supplies:
Stamps: PaperMania Sew Lovely heart stamp (freebie with DoCrafts Creativity magazine), Woodware 'Dotty Flowers' set, Personal Impressions 'Medium Everyday Messages' set
CS: white with a hint of silver Centura Pearl CS, SU! Basic Black

Patterned paper: Authentique Classique Elegant Nine 
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Embossalicious 'Splendour' 6" x 6" embossing folder, PoppyStamps 'Lorelai Leaf' & 'Lorelai Leaf Outline' dies, Sue Wilson 'Classic 3D Itty Bitty Bows' die set, Woodware multi flower punch, X Cut large corner rounder punch, Envelope Punch Board, flower shaping tool & moulding mat
Embellishments & accessories: black gems, SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals, 3D foam tape


 photo RoseRuth.gif


1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

What a cool fold, Ruth! I've never seen something like this before--it's amazing! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

01 09 10