Monday 1 December 2014

Ho Ho Ho Dangly Tent Card

Almost a week since I last blogged - blimey!   I've had some exciting news which has kept me rather busy - I'm chuffed to bits to tell you that I'm now a demonstrator and class tutor for the Glitter Pot shop in Burgess Hill!  I am demonstrating at the shop on Saturday 6th December and the demo was to have been my first Glitter Pot gig.  However, I actually ran a class there last Saturday because the tutor due to run it, Alex, was poorly.  I had a blast on my first class, I had a friendly and fabulous group of ladies, huge thanks to Pat, 'cake' Lizzie, Amanda, Chris, 'glitter' Lizzie and Karen for giving me such a warm welcome and for making my first class such wonderful fun!  Huge thanks also to everyone at the Glitter Pot for their help, support, for looking after me and keeping me supplied on Friday with cups of tea, choccie biccies and encouraging words while I prepared for Saturday's class!

Awwww, it's such a shame for poor Alex, it was her Christmas party class so the ladies all bought in scrummy food and she missed out, I do hope she feels better very soon.  I'm hoping to still be tutoring at the Glitter Pot this time next year so I can have my very own Christmas party class! 

Anyway, today I'm sharing another Christmas card using a wooden shape - I really love using these at the moment and they are so perfect for dangling inside a tent card!  I used Lost Lagoon CS for the tent card base, cut an oval aperture and frame and decorated with pretty Kaisercraft 'Mistletoe' papers.  I coloured the wooden shape with a red ProMarker, added some rhinestones and suspended the shape in the aperture with some gold cord.  I die cut a red Santa hat and die cut the brim and bobble with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper for the essential seasonal sparkle!  I added the Lost Lagoon ribbon and popped up the Santa hat to complete the card front.


Here's the back of the card.


Using the Envelope Punch Board I made an envelope using a piece of 12" x 12" CS from the Kaisercraft 'Mistletoe' collection.  This photo shows the card and envelope together.  A very bright and cheery number I think!


Supplies:
Stamps: none
CS: SU! Lost Lagoon, Riding Hood Red & Whisper White, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper

Patterned paper: Kaisercraft 'Mistletoe' 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" paper pad, Kaisercraft 'Mistletoe - Holly' 12" x 12" paper
Ink: Cardinal Red ProMarker
Tools: Petite Ovals Nestabilities dies, Sizzix 'Phrase, Ho Ho Ho w/Santa Hat' Sizzlits die, Envelope Punch Board, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Lost Lagoon satin ribbon, gold cord, SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif




No comments:

01 09 10