Wednesday 31 December 2014

Flowery Tag Tie Closure Happy Blooming Birthday Card

While browsing Pinterest I've seen lots of cards made using a Stampin' Up! Tag Topper punch to make a tag tie closure card and I really like the look.  Jan and Wendy came to my home last Saturday to make a card and I decided I'd design a tag tie closure card for them to make.  As I don't have a Tag Topper Punch I created my own version of a tag tie closure card using supplies I did have.

I chose patterned paper first, opting to go with a piece of flowery Basic Grey paper - so pretty and lots of yummy colours!  I cut a piece of Blushing Bride CS measuring 8 3/4" x 5 3/4", scored at 3" to form the card base and glued on the patterned paper.  I cut two Lost Lagoon CS tags using the Sizzix 'Banners, Fancy' Framelits die set, punched 1/4" circle holes, scored one tag and I adhered that to the back of the card.  I adhered the second tag to the short panel on the left hand side of the card and then glued a white CS piece over the top.

I then got out my Flower Patch stamp set with matching dies and got busy stamping and cutting.  I stamped the larger flower four times in Rich Razzleberry ink, die cut the large flower, fussy cut the three smaller flower layers and stacked the four layers together to make a dimensional bloom. I stamped the leaves using Wild Wasabi and Mossy Meadow inks and used Crushed Curry and Blushing Bride inks for the smaller flowers.  I shaped the leaves and flowers and adhered them to the front - popping up the larger flower. I stamped and die cut a sentiment label, popped that up and added a punched Lost Lagoon Bitty Butterfly.  To complete the card front I added pearls to the flowers and butterfly and used Blackberry Bliss ribbon to tie the card closed.


For the inside of the card I stamped a sentiment on a panel of white CS.


To finish I decorated the front of the envelope with flowers and leaves plus a name label.  This card will soon be in the post winging its way to my friend Bev.  As Bev's birthday is during the first week of January I have sometimes been caught out and been late sending her card and I'm pleased this year that I'm in time.  I must confess to being bad during 2014 with quite a few late birthday cards - I really must do better in 2015!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Flower Patch' & 'Blooming with Kindness' sets
CS: SU! Blushing Bride, Lost Lagoon & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Basic Grey RSVP 'Sprinkles'
Ink: SU! Blackberry Bliss, Blushing Bride, Crushed Curry, Lost Lagoon, Meadow Moss, Rich Razzleberry & Wild Wasabi
Tools: SU! 'Flower Fair' Framelits dies, Sizzix 'Banners, Fancy' Framelits dies, SU! 'Bitty Butterfly' punch, 1/4" circle punch, SU! Simply Scored, embossing tool, moulding mat & bone folder for shaping flowers & leaves
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Blackberry Bliss Satin Stitched Ribbon, pearls, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10