Wednesday 24 December 2014

Standing NOEL

A bit of Christmas home decor to share today.  I bought a pack of MDF bells and this NOEL to decorate but I've only managed the NOEL so far - the bells can wait 'til next year!

I gave the NOEL two coats of gold acrylic paint and added dark green gingham ribbon bows, red berries and gold jingle bells.  Simple but I'm happy with how it turned out.  As nothing is adhered permanently to the NOEL I can decorate it differently next year if I feel like it.


Supplies:
Embellishments & accessories: Kaisercraft NOEL Standing Word, Artiste 'Metallic Classic Gold' acrylic paint, dark green gingham ribbon, PaperMania Create Christmas Red Decorative Berries, gold jingle bells, gold cord


A few bits of gift wrapping still to do and I'm baking Delia's Last Minute Christmas Mincemeat Cake this afternoon.  I made the mincemeat a couple of days ago and the smell was wonderful - I love that homely Christmas baking smell!  I'll be back blogging in a few days and until then.....


 photo ruthcatMC.gif


1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

This is gorgeous, Ruth! LOVE the gold and berries--so elegant! Merry Christmas, dear friend! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

01 09 10