Monday 27 June 2016

Potted Tulips Birthday Greetings Card

Here's another two step stamping card, this one was made with the SU! 'Terrific Tulips' set.  I love the loose, brushed look these stamps have, they've been neglected for too long!

I stamped several leaves and a rainbow of tulips (after I'd finished my desk was covered with ink pads!) and got busy with my scissors fussy cutting all the images.  I thought the colourful flowers would look good against a white background so I decided to place my tulips in pots against a brick wall.  After dry embossing the white panel I very lightly brayered Crumb Cake ink over the panel and I inked the edges with Early Espresso ink.  I die cut the pots from white CS and added colour using sponge daubers with Cajun Craze and Mossy Meadow inks.  I wasn't sure what to do about a sentiment and went with a fun option - a faux wooden sign.  I added twine to the back of the sign and hung it using a screw brad.  I then glued the wall panel to the front of a Cajun Craze 5 3/4" card base.  You can't tell from the photos but I added twinkle to the tulips with a clear Wink of Stella pen and then arranged the flowers and popped up the pots.


More twinkly tulips went on the inside and the envelope.  Yay, another of my two step stamping sets got inked up and used - and it's another birthday card added to the stash!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Terrific Tulips' & 'Birthday Blossoms' sets, SU! 'Hardwood' background stamp
CS: SU! Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Blushing Bride, Rose Red, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Peekaboo Peach, Pumpkin Pie, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso,  Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Brick Wall' embossing folder, 'Flower Pots' Joanna Sheen Signature dies, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, brayer, sponge daubers, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: twine, Woodware screw brad, SU! tiny silver brads, clear Wink of Stella pen, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

1 comment:

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Such a lovely card and envelope!

01 09 10