Sunday 5 June 2016

Two Magnolia Blooms Thanks Cards

The Clearly Besotted 'Magnolia Blooms' set has just been added to my stash after I'd seen some lovely cards on Pinterest made by Stephanie Wincott using the set.  Stephanie's blog post featuring the cards can be found HERE.  Floral sets are very hard for me to resist and I really like the stylised look this set has and I love the leafy stem image!

I made two Magnolia Blooms thanks cards, one portrait oriented and one landscape oriented.  Works really well either way!


For the portrait card I used a colour combo of Island Indigo, Rose Red and Mossy Meadow.  The stamp set does have matching dies available but the flowers are a simple shape to cut and I enjoy fussy cutting so I didn't get the dies.  Also, sometimes I find it frustrating to line up dies with stamped images and I think it would be quicker for me to fussy cut rather than to faff about lining up!  I fussy cut and popped up all three flowers and added three clear gems to finish the front.  I gave the portrait card to Wendy and the landscape card to Lesley at my card group.  As soon as Wendy saw her card she said "Ruth, you really are the fussy cut queen", bless her!


Here's the inside and the envelope.


For the landscape card I used a dramatic colour combo of Basic Black, Whisper White and Tempting Turquoise.  Again I fussy cut and popped up the three flowers.  To finish off this card front I added two turquoise gems to the sentiment.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


The flowers are certainly easy and fast to fussy cut - the leafy stem probably not so much - but I'll give it a go one day!

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted 'Magnolia Blooms' set
CS: SU! Island Indigo, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Mossy Meadow, Rose Red, Island Indigo, Tempting Turquoise
Embellishments & accessories: clear & turquoise gems, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10