Tuesday 14 June 2016

Rosy Card & Gift Bag For Jan

It was Jan's birthday yesterday and I made a card and gift bag to give to her from me and Owen.  As with the card I gave her from me at card group I haven't used a 'happy birthday' sentiment.  I don't think that's entirely appropriate this year as this is the first birthday she will be spending without her much loved and missed husband Alan.  I worked yesterday afternoon but I met Jan for lunch so that at least she spent some time with someone else, I didn't want her to spend the whole day on her own.

Whilst browsing Pinterest I came across this lovely card made by Sharon Hashimoto Burkert and I decided I'd CASE Sharon's very pretty design for Jan's card.


Here's the card and gift bag together.  I'm very happy to say they were very well received!


Here's just the card which measures 5 3/4" square.  I stamped the floral image onto watercolour paper in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I watercoloured with Pink Pirouette, Rose Red and Pear Pizzazz inks and a wet paintbrush.  I die cut the fancy border (from the SU! 'Flourish Thinlits' die set) from Pear Pizzazz CS - actually I cut two and overlapped them to get a continuous strip that would fit the width of the white panel - and I added some rhinestone jewels.  I popped up the white frame panel, I fussy cut the image and popped that up also.  I stamped the sentiments and the floral image on the white panel inside the card, added a die cut butterfly and some iced rhinestone embellishments.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the decorated envelope front.  After stamping the floral images I die cut one Pear Pizzazz  'Flourish Thinlits' border shape, cut it apart, glued both pieces down and popped up a die cut name label over the gap.  I added a couple of rhinestone jewels to the label to finish.


Here's the gift bag which I made using the WRMK Gift Bag punch board.  I popped up a watercoloured fussy cut floral image and tied the bag closed with white satin striped sheer ribbon.   


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Birthday Blooms' set
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizzazz & Rose Red, VersaMark
Tools: SU! 'Flourish Thinlits' die set, Square Nestabilities dies, Memory Box 'Bistro Label' & 'Chadwick Label' dies, WRMK Gift Bag Punch Board, heat tool, paintbrush
Embellishments & accessories: white satin striped sheer ribbon, SU! white embossing powder, Iced Rhinestone embellishments, Rhinestone Jewels & Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10