Wednesday 12 September 2018

Poinsettias & Scene Season Of Joy Card

A few weeks ago Jan came over to make a Christmas card and to pick up her SU! order which contained the 'Under the Mistletoe' DSP pack.  After she'd finished making the card we spent some time leafing through the SU! 2018 Annual and Autumn/Winter catalogues looking at cards we both liked.  I was taken with a card on page 100 of the Annual catalogue which features the 'Hometown Greetings' Edgelits die set plus papers from the 'Under the Mistletoe' DSP pack.  The 'Hometown Greetings' die set was one of the last Christmas items I purchased last year and I hadn't used it.  Jan kindly allowed me to have half of her pack of DSP which I'll replace when I get my own pack so that I could make my version of the card.

I made an A6 sized Night of Navy card base and glued the patterned paper in place.  I don't have the 'Stitched Labels' Framelits die set so instead of the fancy shape featured on the catalogue card I used a 'Stitched Shapes' oval for my card.  I sponged Pool Party ink on the oval and glued the die cut scene over the top.  I fussy cut the poinsettias and leaves, placed those - popping some shapes up - attached the ribbon and the button with linen thread tied in a bow.  I stamped the 'season of joy' in VersaMark on Crumb Cake CS and heat embossed with white powder and popped up the sentiment strip to complete the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


This is definitely a 'one off' card, it's not a design to be cranked out in a hurry, it took ages to get the elements placed to my complete satisfaction!  I'm glad I made the card and I'm happy how it turned out but I won't be making another one!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Hearts Come Home' & 'Christmas Pines' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Old Olive & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Under the Mistletoe' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Pool Party & Real Red, VersaMark
Tools:SU! 'Hometown Greetings' Edgelits & 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die sets

Embellishments & accessories: SU! white embossing powder, linen thread, Real Red ribbon, Old Olive button & Dimensionals
Ruth

1 comment:

Marina said...

I bet it took ages! It looks amazing.

01 09 10