Sunday 9 September 2018

September 2018 Card Group Projects

Last Thursday we got together for our monthly card group meeting and as it's September that means we start on Christmas cards.  I asked the ladies how they wanted to do it this year and we agreed that in September, October and November we'd do two Christmas cards and one non Christmas card.

The non Christmas card this month is a jar of roses birthday card.  I glued Rich Razzleberry CS and some patterned paper to the bottom of a white A6 sized card.  I stamped the jar direct to a piece of watercolour paper, stamped the roses and leaves on a separate piece of watercolour paper, added colour to the images with inks and an Aquapainter and die cut the roses and leaves.  I used a wonky stitches rectangle die to cut out the image panel, layered that onto a mat of Rich Razzleberry CS, popped up the roses and the sentiment and glued the leaves behind the roses.


Here's the inside and the envelope with more patterned paper and a sweet die cut bow strip.   


I love a snowman stamp and I just had to buy the Inkadinkado 'Ornate Christmas' set when I saw the lovely snowman with his gorgeous damask scarf!  I made a Night of Navy A6 sized card and covered the front with a Coastal Cabana panel embossed with the Darice 'Snowflake Swirl' folder.  I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with a wonky stitched oval die, fussy cut the snowman and popped the oval and snowman up.  I added two punched snowflakes with gem centres to finish the card front.


Just simple stamping to decorate the inside and the envelope.  The lovely bird nestled in the snowflake corner image is from another Inkadinkado set called 'Winter Birds'.  A definite oldie but goodie in my stash!


The second Christmas card features a beautiful flourish die from the Sizzix Tim Holtz 'Mixed Media #2' die set.  We've made cards before using the Mixed Media die sets - HERE and HERE and they were very popular with the ladies so I thought they'd appreciate making a similar style Christmas card. 

My colour combo is one I've used before but not for a Christmas card but I think it works so well for Christmas too - it's Rose Red, Garden Green and Very Vanilla.  I love this ornament from the SU! 'Ornament Keepsakes' set muchly, I love the shape and the elegant damask style pattern and I return to it time and time again.  The set is retired but it's staying in my stash for sure!  I die cut a gold foil ornament topper, glued that in place, added some gold cord tied in a knot and popped up the ornament.  I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the sentiment - I know some of my ladies are not fans but I love using it to get perfect placement!  I'm very happy with all the elegant swirls going on in this card!


Here's the inside and the envelope with more elegant swirliness!


Supplies for jar of roses card:
Stamps: Stampendous 'Build a Bouquet' set, SU! 'Dragonfly Dreams' & 'Blooming with Kindness' sets
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Magenta 'Wheat Field'
Ink: SU! Granny Apple Green, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry, Smoky Slate, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Stampendous 'Build a Bouquet' die set, Creative Dies Plus 'Nesting Rectangles Wonky Stitches' die set, SU! 'Petals & More' Thinlits die set, SU! Aquapainter, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for snowman card:
Stamps: Inkadinkado 'Ornate Christmas' & 'Winter Birds' sets, Hero Arts 'Joyful Christmas Season' set
CS: SU! Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Coastal Cabana & Night of Navy
Tools: Darice 'Snowflake Swirls' embossing folder, Creative Dies Plus 'Nesting Ovals Wonky Stitches' die set, XCut snowflake punch
Embellishments & accessories: clear gems, SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for ornament card:
Stamps: SU! 'Ornament Keepsakes' & 'Greetings of the Season' sets, IndigoBlu 'Vintage Flourish' stamp, Penny Black 'Beautiful Season' stamp
CS: SU! Garden Green, Rose Red & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! garden Green & Rose Red
Tools: Sizzix Tim Holtz 'Mixed Media #2' Thinlits die set, SU! Holiday Ornaments' Framelits & 'Delicate Ornaments' Thinlits die sets

Embellishments & accessories: gold cord, SU! Dimensionals
Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10