Tuesday 4 September 2018

Santa & Trees Ho Ho Ho Fancy Fold Card

Recently I came across this fancy fold card made by Ange McKay using the SU! Rooted in Nature set and I loved it.  I decided to make a version of this fancy fold card but make it a Christmas card.

I've gone very traditional with my colour combo - Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White with a touch of Gold Glimmer Paper.  I covered the fold down flap with patterned paper from the SU! 'Merry Little Christmas' DSP pack and popped up the HO, HO, HO sentiment pieces that I'd cut apart.  I used the SU! 'Layering Circles' die set for the trees and Santa's sleigh scene, popping up two trees.


Here's the card with the banner piece opened.  I added a die cut scalloped circle to the back of the banner.


So to open this fancy fold card you pull the banner to one side and then lift the flap up.  Here's what you see when you've done that.  I added patterned paper and a strip of Real Red CS to the bottom of the panel and simply stamped the sentiment.


Now, the thing about fancy fold cards for me is that I prefer it if they stand up for display and this design doesn't work that way.  So I've added a die cut easel to the back of the card which resolves that issue nicely!


Here's the back of the envelope which I've decorated with stamped trees cut out with circle dies.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Rooted in Nature', 'Hearts Come Home' & 'Labels to Love' sets, Hero Arts 'Wonderful Christmas' set
CS: SU! Real Red, Old Olive & Whisper White, Gold Glimmer Paper

Patterned paper: SU! 'Merry Little Christmas' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Real Red & Old Olive
Tools: SU! 'Layering Circle' & 'Nature's Roots' Framelits die sets, Sizzix Tim Holtz 'Small Easel' Bigz die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10