Friday 31 August 2018

Tarnished Foil Background With Leaf Cluster Anniversary Card

Today hubby and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary - 34 years, blimey!   I decided to try a technique I discovered recently - the Tarnished Foil technique.  Owen loves black and metallic cards so this seemed the perfect technique to use for his anniversary card!  I learned this technique from Lisa Curcio - her blog post is here where Lisa shares a fabulous video tutorial plus some lovely technique example cards.

Here's the card and envelope together.


There was some SU! 'Champagne' Foil Sheet in my stash which had never been used so I chose that and embossed a panel of the foil with the SU! 'Hexagons' 3D Dynamic embossing folder.  I followed Lisa's excellent instructions using SU! Black Archival ink, VersaMark and Copper and Silver embossing powders.  I was really pleased with the way the panel turned out, Lisa does promise that the technique is fool proof!

For the sentiment panel I stamped onto a die cut rectangle, stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed using Copper embossing powder.  I die cut two leaf clusters, one in black and one in Copper Foil sheet, leaving the pieces in the copper shape I removed the pieces from the black shape and glued it on top of the copper shape.  I popped up the leaf cluster and the sentiment rectangle.  To finish the front I added some copper metallic gems.


Here's a closer look at the tarnished foil panel.


Here's the inside of the card.  The sentiment is copper heat embossed and I added three Champagne Foil Sheet punched hearts.  Underneath I adhered a die cut black 'ribbon' using a Grosgrain Ribbon die and added a narrow strip of Copper Foil Sheet underneath.  I used the largest die in the Creative Dies Plus 'Nesting Rectangles Wonky Stitches' die set to cut the panel for inside the card.  I just LOVE that it fits A6 sized cards when the majority of die sets are more suitable for A2 sized cards!  I'm very happy about that - plus the bargain £5.49 price! 


Here's the front of the envelope with a popped up leafy cluster and a bookplate name label.  I added silver nailheads to the bookplate label.  It's fun to mix up metallics now and then!


Supplies:
Stamps: 'Sincere Sentiments' set free with Simply Cards & Papercraft mag #169, Clearly Besotted 'Brushed Greetings II' set
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White, Foil Sheet in 'Champagne' & 'Copper'
Ink: VersaMark
Tools: SU! 'Hexagons' 3D Dynamic embossing folder, leaf cluster die from M&C Boutique, Creative Dies Plus 'Nesting Rectangles Wonky Stitches' die set, Sizzix Originals 'Bookplates' die, SU! 'Heart to Heart' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! silver & copper embossing powder, Dimensionals, Marianne Design metal adhesive gems, silver nailheads

Ruth



No comments:

01 09 10