Saturday 18 August 2018

Dangly Butterfly Tent Card

A card featuring another Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine freebie.  CraftStash sell some back issues of the magazine and the freebie gift with issue #178 was a huge A4 sized stamp set with a few matching dies.  Also, the magazine was under half price so that was just too tempting for me, I couldn't resist!

As soon as I saw the butterfly I knew it would be perfect for a dangly tent card!  I opted for a bright and cheery colour, SU! Melon Mambo, combined with some lovely Doodlebug clouds patterned paper.  The card base measures 5 1/2" square and I cut out a square aperture from the front of the card.  My order from CraftStash contained some dies along with the magazine.  I loved the Creative Dies Plus 'Wonky Stitches' nesting die sets and they seemed excellent value at just £5.49 per set - naturally I had to get more than one set - choosing to get squares, rectangles and ovals!  I've used two of the square nesting dies to create the frame to go around the aperture.  I stamped and die cut two butterflies and sandwiched some silver cord between the two shapes and dangled the butterfly using the cord.  After I'd stamped the butterflies in SU! Melon Mambo ink I carefully added some colour to the body and wings using ProMarkers.  I stamped and die cut the sentiment, popped it up and added two rhinestone jewels.


Here's a side view showing how I added a 'W' piece of CS to the tent fold card base.  I always do this when making a dangly element card as tent cards don't always want to stand up which can be annoying.  I cut a piece of CS to the width of the card x 3 1/2" and score at 1/2", 1 3/4" and 3".


Here's a closer look at the butterfly.


Here's the back of the card and the front of the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: 'The Best Of Card Making Magic' stamp & die set freebie from Simply Cards & Papercraft mag #178, Apple Blossom 'Banner & Sentiments' stamp set
CS: SU! Melon Mambo & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Doodlebug Flower Box 'Garden Garland'
Ink: SU! Melon Mambo, ProMarkers
Tools: die set freebie from Simply Cards & Papercraft mag #178, Apple Blossom 'Banners' die set, Creative Dies Plus 'Wonky Stitches' square & oval nesting die sets, SU! Simply Scored

Embellishments & accessories: silver cord, SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals
Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10