Sunday 19 August 2018

Leaves To You From Me Aperture Card - RRCB#93

Back to work for me tomorrow after a two week holiday - as it was a staycation I've enjoyed spending lots of time getting inky in my craft room!  I wanted to create a card on my last holiday day and I visited the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog and took part in their #93 Tic Tac Toe challenge.


For my card I chose the diagonal line - die cut or punch, green and leaves.  I used circle dies to create an aperture and frame, my colour combo is SU! Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow and Whisper White and I've used two old SU! sets, the leaves are from 'Gently Falling' (released 2011) and the sentiment is from 'Best Yet' (released 2008).

'Gently Falling' is a two-step stamping set and it produces gorgeous images!  I inked the solid background images in Granny Apple Green ink, stamped off once, added some Mossy Meadow ink around the stamps using a sponge dauber and then stamped onto Whisper White CS.  I stamped the leaf outline images in Mossy Meadow ink using a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to ensure perfect placement.  I made an A6 sized card base from Whisper White thick CS and used the SU! 'Layering Circle' Framelits die set to cut the aperture from the card front and to cut the Mossy Meadow scalloped circle frame.  I stamped the sentiment through the aperture, fussy cut the leaves and popped them all up.  To finish the card front I sprinkled on a few gold sequins.


I added two stamped and fussy cut leaves on the inside of the card and stamped a leaf direct to the envelope flap.


Many thanks to the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog for encouraging us to use our old stamps from our stash - 'Gently Falling' is one of my all time favourite stamp sets and it's always a joy to ink it up!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Gently Falling' & 'Best Yet' sets
CS: SU! Mossy Meadow & Whisper White (regular & thick)
Ink: SU! Granny Apple Green & Mossy Meadow
Tools: SU! 'Layering Circle' Framelits dies, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: gold sequins, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

6 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Ruth, both these sets predate my time with Stampin' Up! so it's a pleasure to see them. The leaf stamp is fabulous and you've shown them off perfectly. I love the aperture - I like aperture cards - and it was a clever way to use the dies in the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge and for using my tictactoe challenge so well.

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a pretty CAS card! You made me curious to see if I still have Gently Falling or not - I sure hope so now!! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and we hope that you can join us again soon.

Claire Grantham said...

I love an aperture and you have used yours to great effect here. The leaves are wonderful. I'm loving all these beautiful leaves in this challenge. Thanks for playing along this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love this set and I'm so glad you inked it up to create this beautiful card.
I love the Mossy Meadow scalloped frame and the leaves look amazing in the Green Apple ink.
Beautiful design and details.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.

LeAnne said...

This is just delightful! I love this little peek-a-boo card with the leaves around the outer edge, you've used the perfect images too! Very sweet and clever! Thanks for playing with our Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this week!

creative lady said...

Love your CAS card and the layout you used. Love the leaves. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge!

01 09 10