Friday 10 August 2018

August 2018 Card Group Projects

Last Thursday we got together for our August card group meeting.  During last month's meeting two of the tops being worn that day came under scrutiny and the ladies decided to challenge me to make two cards based on the patterned tops.  I couldn't resist the challenge could I?!  Happily, the ladies were pleased with my efforts!

So first up is the top worn by Lesley featuring leafy silhouettes in yellow and blues on a white background.


Here's the card I made inspired by Lesley's top.  My colour combo is SU! So Saffron, Marina Mist and Night of Navy along with white.  I used leaf and floral silhouette stamps plus a leaf die.  I stamped a honeycomb stamp in So Saffron ink on the right hand side just to add a touch of texture and I added a line drawn with a Night of Navy marker.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.


Here's Margaret A's top featuring floral images and colourful parrots.


Here's the card I made inspired by Margaret A's top using the SU! Petal Palette set.  I haven't got anything parrot related so I used the lovely bird from the set instead.  My colour combo is Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Mossy Meadow and Tip Top Taupe.  As well as taking inspiration from the top I was inspired to CASE this lovely card I saw made by Jan Clothier on Pinterest.  I popped a few small flowers up and also popped up the bird and sentiment label.  I stamped the bird on watercolour paper and used SU! watercolour pencils and an Aquapainter to colour the birdie.  I added two gold nailheads to the sentiment label to finish the card front.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  During the afternoon Jan added a bird to her envelope which looked great so I'm going to add a bird to mine as well!


There's not been a lot of crafting time for me recently and I really have missed it.  I was shopping in a supermarket and made the mistake of browsing the magazines and before I knew it a craft magazine with free goodies was dropped into the trolley!  I'd also bought a couple of small X Cut dies from a stationers shop earlier in the week.  I'm a shocker at giving in to temptation on buying stuff when I haven't actually made anything for a while.  Maybe I feel like I'm still connected to my crafting even though I'm not actually doing any!?

However, after buying the dies and magazine I did get into my craft room and create something so that was good.  I've used the free stamps and dies that came with issue #179 of Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine for the third card group card.  My colour combo is SU! Pear Pizzazz, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green and white.  I stamped the background sprigs in stamped off once Granny Apple Green ink, I stamped the leaves in the same colour ink but used full strength ink and I stamped the flowers using Gorgeous Grape ink - full strength and stamped off once.  The leaves and flowers were fussy cut and the flowers were popped up.  The leafy border die is really unusual and I love the way you can lift the leaves up for a bit of dimension.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  Some layered stamping for the sentiment on the inside and I masked the flower before stamping the leaves on the envelope.


I can't believe we'll be starting Christmas cards next month!  I asked the ladies for their input and it was decided that rather than making solely Christmas projects during September, October and November we will make two Christmas projects plus one non Christmas project each time.  I always wish I'd started my Christmas cards earlier and this year is no exception!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Best Blossoms' & 'Garden Silhouettes' sets, Kaisercraft 'Honeycomb' texture stamp
CS: SU! So Saffron, Night of Navy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist & Night of Navy, Night of Navy marker
Tools: Poppystamps 'Lorelai Leaf' die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals


Supplies for Best Wishes card:
Stamps: SU! 'Petal Palette' set
CS: SU! Balmy Blue & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: SU! Flirty Flamingo, Mossy Meadow & Tip Top Taupe
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Shapes' & 'Petals & More' die sets, SU! Balmy Blue & Daffodil Delight watercolour pencils, Aquapainter
Embellishments & accessories: gold nailheads, SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for Sending Birthday Wishes card:
Stamps: 'Botanical Border' stamps & dies set (Simply Cards & Papercraft #179 freebie)
CS: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Gorgeous Grape & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Granny Apple Green & Gorgeous Grape
Tools: Sizzix 'Tags, Rounded' Framelits die set, dies from 'Botanical Border' stamps & dies set (Simply Cards & Papercraft #179 freebie)
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10