Wednesday 15 August 2018

Rosy Background & 3D Butterfly Birthday Card

A local stationers shop sells some crafty bits and pieces and I popped in to have a peek after work one afternoon.  I walked out with two X Cut mini dies which cost me just over a fiver so I didn't go mad!  Later that week I also purchased issue #179 of Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine which had a free gift and I've used the freebie set plus one of my new dies to make this card.

The magazine came with a 'Botanical Border' stamps and dies set and the packaging showed some card ideas and I based my card on one of their examples - adding a few touches of my own.  To create the background I stamped the rose in Berry Burst ink onto the front of a Pink Pirouette A6 card base and tied some Berry Burst ribbon around the card.  I die cut the border from Whisper White CS and cut it again using Lemon Lime Twist CS and I inlaid the green leaves to add a pop of contrast.  I glued the border in place and stamped the sentiment.  I die cut the 3D butterfly in Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist CS, layered the butterfly and added some rhinestone jewels.


Inside the card I did some layered stamping for the sentiment - I'm very partial to some layered stamping! - and used punched circles and a die cut butterfly shape to decorate the envelope flap.


Supplies:
Stamps: 'Botanical Border' stamps & dies gift with Simply Cards & Papercraft Mag #179
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Berry Burst & Lemon Lime Twist
Tools: die from 'Botanical Border' stamps & dies gift with Simply Cards & Papercraft mag #179, X Cut Mini 3D Butterfly die, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Berry Burst ribbon, rhinestone jewels

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10