Friday 24 August 2018

Sparkling Forest Christmas Card

Having just purchased the absolutely beautiful SU! 'Rooted in Nature' bundle I went to YouTube to watch the SU! video for the bundle.  Jessica presented the video and a card she showcased really took my fancy - the card is also featured on page 144 of the SU! annual catalogue.  I decided to make my own CASEd version and to make it a Christmas card - because I need to increase the stash in the Christmas card box!

Jessica's tips for stamping the forest were very helpful and I stuck with her guidelines and I stayed with the layout of the card.  I've used Mint Macaron, Tranquil Tide and Whisper White as my colour combo and I made an A6 sized card base.  Once I'd decided to use the 'may your Christmas sparkle with joy and happiness' sentiment I knew I'd have to introduce some seasonal sparkle to the card!  I've used some Mint Macaron glimmer paper and I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the trees.  The sentiment panel and two die cut trees are popped up.


Here's a closer look at the sparkly trees.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I used the Stamparatus to stamp the sentiments and I stamped 'Christmas Blessings' twice in order to get a deeper shade of Mint Macaron ink.  I added a touch of twinkle inside by placing a tiny dot of Mint Macaron glimmer paper on each side of the 'to you and yours' sentiment. 


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Rooted in Nature' & 'Christmas Pines' sets
CS: SU! Mint Macaron, Tranquil Tide & Whisper White, Mint Macaron glimmer paper
Ink: SU! Mint Macaron & Tranquil Tide
Tools: SU! 'Nature's Roots' Framelits dies, 'Triple Banner' punch, Stamparatus
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10