Monday 13 August 2018

Poinsettia Warmth Of The Season Card

My friend Jan is coming over on Thursday afternoon to make a card.  Jan has recently purchased the SU! 'Rooted in Nature' stamps and dies, the 'Under the Mistletoe' DSP pack and Shaded Spruce ink and CS.  She asked me if I would design a Christmas card using those products.  I said that I'd be very happy to only I'd need to borrow the DSP and the Shaded Spruce ink and that was soon arranged!

I did have a look online for inspiration on using the 'Rooted in Nature' stamps for Christmas cards and I saw that people had used the beautiful skeleton leaves in the set to make poinsettias and I went along with that idea.  I used Shaded Spruce and Lovely Lipstick inks to stamp the leaves and I used the matching die to cut them all out.  I flicked through Jan's pack of 'Under the Mistletoe' patterned paper - they are gorgeous papers! - and selected a Shaded Spruce sheet that has foliage and poinsettias on.  A great fit for the poinsettia themed card I thought!

Having settled on the main focal image and the colours I just needed to get a layout.  I decided on a strip of patterned paper going down one side and the design came together really quickly after that.  The Lovely Lipstick card base measures 5 3/4" square.  I embossed the white panel with the SU! 'Softly Falling' embossing folder, matted that onto a Shaded Spruce layer and added some Shaded Spruce ribbon (also borrowed from Jan).  I punched a circle to form the base of the poinsettia and used glue dots to attach each leaf in place.  I punched a small Lovely Lipstick circle to go in the centre and I added a gold faceted gem.  I popped up the poinsettia and I also popped up the sentiment label.  I love that label from the SU! 'Petals & More' Thinlits die set, it's fab for sentiments and that saying from the 'Hearts Come Home' stamp set fits perfectly!


I used the fir tree stamps from the 'Rooted in Nature' set using Shaded Spruce ink to decorate the panel inside the card and I used another sentiment from the 'Hearts Come Home' set. The poinsettia on the envelope flap was stamped using the smaller skeleton leaf stamp from the 'Rooted in Nature' set.  As with the poinsettia on the card front, I added a small punched circle and a gold faceted gem to the centre of the flower.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Rooted in Nature' & 'Hearts Come Home' sets
CS: SU! Lovely Lipstick, Shaded Spruce & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Under the Mistletoe' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Lovely Lipstick & Shaded Spruce
Tools: SU! 'Nature's Roots' Framelits & 'Petals & More' Thinlits' die sets, SU! 'Softly Falling' embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Gold Faceted Gems, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10