Thursday 16 August 2018

Burlap, Wood & Leaves Just For You Card

This is a little card I made for Jan to say thank you for placing her SU! order.  Jan, like me, purchased the SU! 'Rooted in Nature' stamps and dies so I thought I'd use these beautiful products to make the card.  I'm really enjoying playing with these wonderful stamps and dies!

I stamped the 'Burlap' background stamp onto a piece of Sahara Sand CS using Sahara Sand ink, trimmed the piece to size and inked the edges with Soft Suede ink.  I added some Copper Trim, taped the ends to the back of the panel and glued the panel to the front of a 4" square card made from Whisper White thick CS.  I stamped the tree trunk slice in Sahara Sand ink, fussy cut it and inked the edges with Soft Suede ink.  I stamped the 'Just For You', made a flagged end and glued that behind the popped up tree trunk slice.  Using Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow and Rich Razzleberry inks I stamped the three leafy images, I die cut each one and glued them in place.  I really like the rustic feel the mixture of burlap, wood and leaves gives!


Here's the inside and the envelope.  


It's great to be spending lots of time in my craft room - I'm taking full advantage of being on holiday from work!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Rooted in Nature' set, SU! 'Burlap' background stamp
CS: SU! Sahara Sand & Whisper White thick
Ink: SU! Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow, Rich Razzleberry & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! 'Nature's Roots' Framelits die set, circle punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Copper Trim, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10