Monday 31 December 2018

A Dashing Deer Christmas Card & A Winter Scene Christmas Tealight Easel Card

I just can't believe we're at the final day of 2018, this year seems to have passed by in a blur!  I thought I'd post my last two 2018 Christmas card makes today. I'll also post two more cards in a separate post today as they turned into winter friendship cards as opposed to actual Christmas cards!

This card was for my friend Jan and is my CASEd version of the card shown on page 8 of the SU! 2018 Autumn/Winter catalogue.  I couldn't resist adding just a pop of red with some rhinestone jewels!


Here's the inside.


Here's the back of the envelope.


Here's the front of the envelope.


This next card is a winter scene tealight easel card I made for my hubby Owen.  He loves black and white cards so I used that combo for the card.  On my previous tealight easel cards I'd used a circle aperture but I changed to a rectangular aperture and also added a frame.  Some seasonal sparkle was also added with Dazzling Diamonds glitter sprinkled on the scene die cut.  I adhered a strip of ribbon and popped up the sentiment label and the small snowflake so they act as stops for the easel.  I added a few more die cut snowflakes and placed a silver nailhead on the centre of each one.  I got to use a new purchase on this card - the SU! 'Christmas Traditions Punch Box'.  I loved it as soon as I saw it but I didn't love the price!  When I spotted it on the SU! Clearance Rack at 40% off I snapped it up!


Here's a closer look at the scene.


Here's the message panel on the back of the easel card.  The Stamparatus made it easy to get a continuous snowflakes border across the top of my panel!


Because the card was for my hubby I allowed him two battery operated tealights to illuminate the scene!  I'm very pleased to say he loved this card and he's turned the tealights on every evening since the card has been on display!  No envelope for this card as I popped it into a cello bag with the two battery operated tealights.


Supplies for deer card:
Stamps: SU! 'Dashing Deer' set, Woodware 'Happiest of Christmases' set
CS: SU! Whsper White (thick), Gold Foil Sheet, Gold Glimmer Paper
Ink: Encore Gold pigment ink
Tools: SU! 'Detailed Deer' & 'Snowfall' Thinlits die sets, SU! 'Swirls & Curls' embossing folder, SU! 'Triple Banner' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Gold embossing powder, Real Red rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


Supplies for scene tealight easel card:
Stamps: SU! 'Snow is Glistening' & 'Christmas Traditions' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White (thick), vellum
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: SU! 'Hometown Greetings' Edgelits die set, SU! 'Snowfall' Thinlits die set, SU! 'Softly Falling' embossing folder, SU! 'Christmas Traditions' & 'Pretty Label' punches, SU! Stamparatus, M&C Boutique stitched rectangles die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! white & silver ribbon, SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, SU! Dimensionals, silver nailheads, Wilko battery operated tealights


Ruth

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Very pretty! Thank you for sharing!

01 09 10