Monday 31 December 2018

Two Winter Scene Friendship Tealight Easel Cards

Here I'm sharing two cards made for good friends.  We were supposed to meet up on 22nd December but some of us were very poorly so we're getting together on New Year's Day instead.  I knew I wanted to make tealight easel cards for my friends but rather than using Christmas sentiments I've used friendship sentiments.

I've gone for a crisp navy and white colour combo for the card for Debs and Mike.  I added sparkle to the scene and tied a snowflake charm to the gingham ribbon with some white baker's twine.  I popped up the sentiment rectangle so that acts as the easel stop.



Here's the sentiment panel on the back of the easel card.  These lovely words come from a new SU! set called 'Needle & Thread' which will be available in the 2019 Spring Summer catalogue.  I fell completely in love with the 'Needlepoint Nook' suite, the products are gorgeous!  I added some seasonal snowflakes too.


Here's the card with the battery operated tealight on.


For our friend Gill I've gone for Bermuda Bay and white as I know she absolutely loves that colour.  I've used a different 'Hometown Greetings' Edgelit die, have omitted a sentiment and have used a long die cut border to act as the easel stop.  I still added sparkle and a snowflake charm and ribbon though!  I love making cards similar but changing a few things up!


Here's the panel on the back of the easel card with snowflakes in addition to that lovely sentiment.


A few years back I gave Gill an easel card for Christmas and when I visited her house a few days after Christmas I saw the card draped over a photo frame as she hadn't worked out how to display the card - bless!  I'm not taking any chances with the tealight - I've included an instruction - but anyway, I'll be there so I can set the card up!


Here's the card with the tealight switched on. 


As with the other tealight easel cards, I didn't use an envelope, instead I placed each card in a snowflake patterned cello bag together with a battery operated tealight. 


I've really enjoyed making these cards this year, I love that they're a bit different with a wow factor but are not difficult to make.  Huge thanks to Kerstin Wagner for sharing and inspiring!

Supplies for Night of Navy card:
Stamps: Woodware 'Very Special Couple' stamp, SU! 'Needle & Thread' & 'Snow is Glistening' sets
CS: SU! Night of Navy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Night of Navy
Tools: SU! 'Hometown Greetings' Edgelits die set, SU! 'Softly Falling' embossing folder, M&C Boutique stitched rectangle die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Night of Navy gingham ribbon, Whisper White baker's twine, silver snowflake charm, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Dimensionals, Wilko battery operated tealight


Supplies for Bermuda Bay card:
Stamps: SU! 'Wetlands' set
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Bermuda Bay
Tools: SU! 'Hometown Greetings; Edgelits die set, SU! 'Softly Falling' embossing folder, M&C Boutique stitched rectangle die set, MFT 'Scallop Ribbon' die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Bermuda Bay ribbon, Whisper White baker's twine, silver snowflake charm, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Dimensionals, Wilko battery operated tealight

Ruth


01 09 10