Monday 10 December 2018

Set Of Hometown Christmas Easel Tealight Cards

I came across Kerstin Wagner's video showing lovely tealight easel cards made using the SU! 'Hometown Greetings' die set and I fell in love with them.  I decided to CASE Kerstin's design and make tealight easel Christmas cards for my card group ladies.  Huge thanks to Kerstin for sharing and inspiring!

I mixed imperial and metric measurements for my cards - I made my cards from a 4" wide strip of CS (the whole A4 length) and scored at 9 and 18 cms as per Kerstin's instructions.

Here is one card on its own.  A circle aperture is cut out of the card front and a vellum circle is glued behind the aperture.  The vellum is embossed with the SU! 'Softly Falling' embossing folder which gives a fab snowy look.  I popped up the snowflake on the bottom so it acted as a stop for the easel. 


Here is a card with the tealight inside and switched on, love that warm glow!


Here's the base of the card where the tealight goes.  I adhered a large die cut snowflake and helpfully wrote the 'place tealight here' instruction on each snowflake!


Here's how I decorated the bottom of the cards using the beautiful SU! 'Snow Is Glistening' stamp set.



Here's a side view of the easel card.


Here's the pile of cards all made.


The cards ended up as not a standard size for an envelope so I decided to place each card inside a snowflake patterned cellophane bag which I decorated with a sparkly silver gift tag and parcel baubles.


Inside each bag I placed a card, a battery operated tealight and a few goodies - a boxed flavoured hot chocolate mix, a Malteser MerryTeaser reindeer chocolate bar, a Ferrero Rocher chocolate and an orange flavoured Lindor chocolate ball.   


I'm delighted to say that these went down a storm with my ladies and we'll definitely be making one of these as a card group project next winter!  I'd like to make a couple more for friends this year too but we'll see how that goes!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Hearts Come Home' & 'Snow Is Glistening' sets
CS: SU! Night of Navy & Whisper White, SU! vellum
Ink: SU! Night of Navy
Tools: SU! Simply Scored, SU! 'Layering Circles' Framelits die set, SU! 'Hometown Greetings' Edgelits die set, SU! 'Snowfall' Thinlits die set, SU! 1/4" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, SU! Dimensionals, Wilko battery operated tealights

Ruth

1 comment:

gwen said...

LOVE the card you made. I will try to make a card like this for my daughter. She used to be a stampin up demonstrator for many years. Thank you so much for the inspiration,

01 09 10