Saturday 8 December 2018

December 2018 Card Group Projects


Last Thursday we got together for our final card group meeting of 2018, we all wore festive headbands and a very happy afternoon was had by all!  Tinged with some sadness though, as we were missing the lovely Pam who couldn't attend due to ill health.

Because we exchange Secret Santa gifts which takes a bit of time - everyone has to unwrap their gift one at a time! - I only design two simple cards for the December meeting.

Up first is a card made using the SU! 'Wishing You Well' stamp set.  I came across this card made by Brian King and I loved it and just had to CASE it!  I stamped the foliage bunch in Crumb Cake ink,  added subtle shimmer with some Wink of Stella on the open portions, stamped the bow, fussy cut it and added two rhinestone jewels.  I've used the 'Petal Palette' set to create the sentiment label.  After sponging Soft Suede ink around the label using a dauber I popped the label up.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap.


I've had a sneak peek online at the forthcoming SU! 2019 Spring Summer catalogue and one of the stamps reminded me of this oldie but goodie SU! 'Weathered' background stamp.  That led me to revisit a card we'd made previously at card group and use it for inspiration - I couldn't believe I'd made it four years ago!  I've used a different layout and sentiment and changed the colours and it's amazing how that makes such a difference!  This striking colour combo (Elegant Eggplant and So Saffron) is a fave of mine.  The 'Weathered' background stamp looks fab with the IndigoBlu 'Rose Blush' stamp I think.  To complete the card front I punched a So Saffron bitty butterfly and added two pearls.


Here's the inside of the card and the front of the envelope. 


Well, four years ago there wasn't a Stamparatus but we were able to use it today to stamp the 'Rose Blush' image on the main image panel, the inside panel and on the envelope.  I have cut a piece of SU! grid paper to fit inside my Stamparatus and I've had it laminated.  Today I used Sharpie pens to add marks to the laminated sheet so my ladies knew where to position each of their pieces in the Stamparatus to get perfect image placement.  Any excess Elegant Eggplant ink was wiped off the laminated sheet with a baby wipe and kitchen paper but the Sharpie pen marks stayed visible for the whole afternoon - it worked really well!

I created tags for our Secret Santa gifts and here they all are.


Here's just one tag.


I'm having a break in January but we'll be crafting together again on the first Thursday in February - I'm looking forward to it already!

Supplies for Best Wishes card:
Stamps: SU! 'Wishing You Well' & 'Petal Palette' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Soft Suede & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Tranquil Textures' DSP
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Petals & More' die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Wink of Stella clear pen


Supplies for Birthday Wishes card:
Stamps: SU! 'Weathered' background stamp, IndigoBlu 'Rose Blush' cling stamp, Inkylicious 'Wonderful Day' stamp
CS: SU! Elegant Eggplant, So Saffron & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Elegant Eggplant & So Saffron
Tools: SU! Stamparatus, SU! 'Bitty Butterfly' punch, Sizzix 'Banners, Fancy' Framelits die set, M & C Boutique stitched rectangle die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! pearl jewels


Supplies for tags:
Stamps: Sizzix 'Ornaments #3' stamps & dies set
CS: SU! Whisper White, SU! Gold Foil Sheet

Patterned paper: SU! 'Dashing Along' DSP
Ink: SU! Garden Green & Lovely Lipstick
Tools: Sizzix 'Ornaments #3' stamps & dies set, ornament topper die from SU! 'Delicate Ornament' Thinlits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Whisper White baker's twine, Dimensionals


Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10