Wednesday 2 January 2019

Needlepoint Nook Thank You Card

This is a thank you card for a friend I made using the SU! 'Needlepoint Nook' suite of products available from the 2019 Spring/Summer catalogue.  I absolutely love this beautiful suite of products!  I made my version of the Get Well card shown on page 38 of the Spring/Summer catalogue.

There were quite a lot of ink pads out on my desk for this card - Berry Burst, Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo, Gray Granite, Highland Heather and Old Olive!  After stamping the flowers I used the dies from the 'Needlepoint Elements' set to cut them out.  I stamped and die cut the leafy design and I cut that apart into two pieces so I could tuck the leaves where I wanted them.  I die cut three Old Olive open leaves and glued those in place.  The flowers are all popped up on Dimensionals.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap. I popped the sentiment label up inside the card and I also popped up the Berry Burst flower on the envelope flap.


One of the dies in the 'Needlepoint Elements' Framelits die set embosses stitch marks but doesn't cut - however, the clever thing is that you can then cut out the shape using the SU! 'Pretty Label' punch - brilliant, I love that!  Here's a closer look at the label.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Needle & Thread' set
CS: SU! Whisper White (regular & thick)

Patterned paper: SU! 'Needlepoint Nook' DSP
Ink: SU! Berry Burst, Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo, Gray Granite, Highland Heather & Old Olive
Tools: SU! 'Needlepoint Elements' Framelits die set, SU! 'Pretty Label' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10