Friday 4 January 2019

Rainbow Bow Wreath Birthday Card

I just loved this bright rainbow wreath card made by Lyssa at Song of My Heart Stampers when I saw it!  Lyssa has very helpfully produced a fab video tutorial for the design if you want to check it out and have a go yourself.  This bright design is absolutely perfect for a winter birthday I think - and it's my friend Bev's birthday on 6th January so I made this card for her!

I've used SU! Pacific Point and Melon Mambo for the card base and mat layer.  The card measures 4 3/4" square.  For my colourful rainbow wreath I've used Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point and Real Red inks.  It's vital to keep your stamp clean when you're changing ink colours so I made sure I had baby wipes and kitchen towel handy!  I added a few very pretty iridescent sequins to complete the card front.


Of course, no card of mine is finished until it has a decorated inside and envelope!  I decided to have a bow rainbow inside the card as well - but down the side rather than as a wreath.  I stamped and fussy cut a Pacific Point bow to decorate the envelope flap.  This bright, cheery design just screams happy so I thought the 'sending you lots + lots of happy' sentiment was ideal!  I used the embossing die from the SU! 'Needlepoint Elements' Framelits set and then cut out the shape with the SU! 'Pretty Label' punch.  A touch of detail I like muchly!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Wishing You Well' & 'Southern Serenade' sets, inside sentiment from SU! 'Lots of Happy' card kit
CS: SU! Melon Mambo, Pacific Point & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point & Real Red
Tools: SU! 'Needlepoint Elements' Framelits die set, SU! 'Pretty Label' punch
Embellishments & accessories:iridescent sequins


Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10