Thursday 24 January 2019

Black & White Birthday Wishes Card - RRCB102

We were without a laptop for a couple of weeks so it's been a while since I last posted a card on my blog.  We're back up and running now - thank goodness, I really missed having a laptop!

Now that the new year is well under way I'm looking forward to getting back to some crafting.   I wanted to make a card today and I checked out the current challenge over at the Retro Rubber challenge blog to find it was to make a black and white card.  That's right up my street, I love black and white cards - and it's a nice simple way to ease back into card making mode!


The stamps I used on my card are well over a year old, the dies I used have been in my stash for a good long while too.  The SU! 'Victorian Lace' background stamp is dated 1997 and the sentiment from the SU! 'Sincere Salutations' set is dated 2005.  The sentiment on the inside of the card is from the SU! 'Blooming with Kindness' set from 2012.  

I inked the 'Victorian Lace' background stamp with VersaMark, stamped it twice onto two panels of black CS and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  One panel I trimmed to size for the card front and I used the second panel for the strip for the inside of the card and for the circle for the envelope flap.  I added some black satin ribbon tied in a knot to the main image panel before attaching that to the card front.  I die cut three flowers, snipped between each petal and used a large embossing stylus and the end of a piercing tool to add shaping and dimension to the flowers.  I stacked the three flower shapes, added a button to the centre, die cut and adhered two leaves and then addded the flower to the card front.  I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with a label die and popped the label shape up.  To complete the card front I added two black gems to the label.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Victorian Lace' background stamp, SU! 'Sincere Salutations' & 'Blooming with Kindness' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, VersaMark
Tools: PTI 'Beautiful Blooms II' die set, Memory Box 'Fresh Leaves' die set, Spellbinders 'Grommet Tags' die set, SU! circle punches, embossing stylus, piercing tool, moulding mat
Embellishments & accessories: black button, black gems, SU! white embossing powder, black satin ribbon, Whisper White baker's twine, Dimensionals

Ruth

2 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

I've never seen that Victorian Lace stamp before but - wow - what a beauty! I'd have that back in the catalogue in a snap! The ribbon and your gorgeous 3D flowers make the most of it too. Wonderful card! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge this week.

Neva Cole said...

What an amazing job you did with just Black and White. All the elements of the front, interior, and envelope are so well put together! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Retro Rubber for our Black and White challenge!

01 09 10