Sunday 3 February 2019

Inked Circles Oriental Just A Note Card

My ink duster brushes haven't been used in a while and I decided to use them on a card for our next card group meeting.  So I got out a few brushes, some Distress Ink pads and my sadly neglected Inkylicious Mountain Valley Sun Moon stencil set and had a play.

I dusted Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord inks through the stencil to get my overlapping circle design, stamped the bamboo image over the top and stamped the sentiment using Black Soot Distress Ink.  I tore the right hand edge to add a bit of interest and glued the panel to the front of a black A6 sized card base.


The Inkylicious 'Oriental Awakening' stamp set includes a gorgeous Japanese maple image and I stamped that on the panel inside the card and on the envelope flap.


Whilst I was deciding which supplies to use for the card I came across the Inkylicious 'Reflections - Blue Hills Pine' stamp set in my stash and I realised I'd never used it.  I immediately rectified that and it will be that card I made that will be a February card group project.  Card making is a wonderful hobby with so many techniques, it's lovely that we have so many choices to create our card designs!

Supplies:
Stamps: Inkylicious 'Oriental Awakening' set, SU! 'Flourishing Phrases' set
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry, Dusty Concord  & Black Soot Distress Inks
Tools: Inkylicious Mountain Valley Sun Moon stencil set

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10