Wednesday 27 February 2019

Tropical Thank You Gatefold Card

Sharon Armstrong at Tx Stampin' Sharon created a lovely batch of thank you cards featuring the SU! Painted Seasons bundle (a Sale-A-Bration item).  The Painted Seasons stamp set and the matching DSP have designs for all four seasons of the year so Sharon made a batch of four seasonal thank you cards.  Here is Sharon's blog post which includes a link to a YouTube video.  I loved the use of patterned paper and the fancy fold.  Whilst I've just received my own Painted Seasons bundle I decided to CASE Sharon's cards using stamps, dies and patterned paper from the SU! 'Tropical Escape' suite of products.  The fab card design will work so well with any patterned papers - and I definitely have a lot that need using up!

Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I've used a colour combo of Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce, Melon Mambo and Whisper White.  When stamping the images I used a mix of first, second and third generation stamping to get a variety of colours for the leaves and flowers.  I've popped the three flowers up on Dimensionals.


Here's the inside of the card.  The darker pink flower is popped up.


Here's the envelope.  I was determined to use the leafy background die from the 'Tropical' Thinlits die set as I so wanted to see how it turned out!  I ran the die through my Big Shot, trimmed the piece to size, cut a piece of the patterned paper a smidge smaller than my die cut piece and glued them together.  I thought it looked nice in the corner of the envelope but I wanted to add something else to bring in some Melon Mambo.  I made a flagged banner and added a die cut label shape which is where I'll write the card recipients name.  This card is going to a friend and customer who also purchased the Tropical Chic stamps and dies.  I do hope she likes her new goodies and gets some inspiration for using them from the card I made!  Huge thanks to Sharon for sharing her project and for inspiring me!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Tropical Chic' set
CS: SU! Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce, Melon Mambo & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Tropical Escape' 6"x6" DSP pack
Ink: SU! Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce & Melon Mambo
Tools: SU! 'Tropical' & 'Petals & More' Thinlits die sets, SU! 'Banner Triple' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10