Thursday 7 March 2019

March 2019 Card Group Projects

We got together this afternoon for our March card group meeting and a very happy afternoon it was!  This year seems to be hurtling along. I can't believe we're in March already - but that means Spring is almost here!

As usual I made three cards for the ladies to make and each card is a CASEd version of a card that I've made before.  The first card features Distress Inks and dandelions and is a version of this card I made back in 2013.  I applied Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean Distress Inks to the white panel with ink duster brushes, flicked water splashes on the panel and dried the panel with my heat tool.  I stamped the images and sentiment in VersaFine Onyx Black ink as that gives a rich, intense black and used the heat tool again to heat set the sentiment and dandelions.  I matted the stamped panel onto a black layer die cut using a die from the Concord & 9th 'Select a Size Edge' die set.  I added some silver ribbon, a silver shimmer dot and glued the panel to the front of a white A6 sized card base.  To complete the front I went over the centres of the dandelions with a black Gelly Roll Glaze pen to add glossy highlights.


Here's a closer look at the stamped panel, it's great how the Distress Inks react with water!


Here's the inside and the envelope with some simple stamped dandelions.


I'm trying really hard to de-stash but I find it difficult to let go of certain stamps.  I've been umming and aahing over the SU! 'Everything Eleanor' set and I thought making a card with the set might make the decision easier!  What I've realised is that I love the flourish and the distressed label shaped stamps but I'm not wild about the other stamps in the set.  After looking back on what I've made with the Everything Eleanor set I saw that I loved using flower stamps from the 'Flower Shop' and 'Petite Petals' sets with the flourish and label.  So I'm keeping the flourish and label and letting go of the rest of the stamps from the set - no point in keeping stamps I'm not using!  

This card is a version of a thank you card I made back in 2014.  The colour combo is Mint Macaron, Blackberry Bliss and Very Vanilla.  After stamping and punching the flowers I snipped between the petals and added some shaping.  I stamped the three small flowers after inking the stamp only once so that I got different shades of Blackberry Bliss ink. I've popped up the flowers and added a rhinestone jewel to each flower centre.  I just love that the label shape and the large flower have the same distressed design!


Here's the inside and the envelope.


Card three is a version of this 'Tropical Chic' gatefold card I made recently.  I really enjoyed creating that card and the colour combo for the 'Tropical Escape' suite is so happy I just had to include it as a card group project this month!  The colour combo is Blushing Bride, Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce and Whisper White.  I used first and second generation stamping for the leaves and I popped two of the flowers up. 


Here's the card open on display.



Here's the inside of the card.


I find this design really attractive but it occurred to me that the fun fold gatefold aspect of this card may not appeal to everyone.  I decided to make a simple version without a fun fold and then let the ladies choose which version they wanted to make.


Well, as I was making the simple version another option came to mind!  It was a wet and windy Sunday and I was very happy to be spending time in my craft room so I thought "what the heck, I'll make a third version!"  For this card I cut 1 1/2" off from the right hand side of the card and glued the image panel to the patterned paper piece.


I decorated the insides of the cards and the envelope flaps the same for all three versions.


Here are all three versions on display together.  It's always nice to have options, right?!  All the ladies loved the fun fold version and so they all chose to make that version today.  One lady suggested we make one of the alternative cards next month - what a great idea - so the group will be making the card on the right next time! 


Supplies for Dandelions Well Wishes card:
Stamps: SU! 'Dandelion Wishes' set
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White (thick & regular)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Ranger Tim Holtz Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry & Salty Ocean Distress Inks, black Gelly Roll Glaze pen
Tools: Concord & 9th 'Select a Size Edge' die set, Inkylicious ink duster brushes, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories: SU!silver ribbon, Papermania silver shimmer dome sticker


Supplies for floral Warmest Wishes birthday card :
Stamps: SU! 'Everything Eleanor', 'Flower Shop', 'Petite Petals', 'Blooming with Kindness' & 'Birthday Blossoms' sets
CS: SU! Mint Macaron, Blackberry Bliss & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow & Blackberry Bliss
Tools: SU! 'Pansy' & 'Petite Petals' punches, ball embossing tool for shaping flowers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


Supplies for Tropical Best Wishes card:
Stamps: SU! 'Tropical Chic' & 'Petal Palette' sets
CS: SU! Blushing Bride, Shaded Spruce & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Tropical Escape' 6"x6" DSP pack
Ink: SU! Blushing Bride, Granny Apple Green & Shaded Spruce
Tools: SU! 'Tropical' Thinlits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10