Thursday 28 March 2019

Inked Background & Silhouette Especially For You Card

I designed an inked background and silhouette card as one of my March card group projects and while the ink pads and duster brushes were still out on my desk I thought I'd make another card.

Using ink duster brushes I applied Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean distress inks onto a panel of Whisper White CS.  I then added a smidge of Dusty Concord ink right at the top of the panel.  The stripes reminded me of the colourful sticks of rock I used to get as a child on trips to the seaside!  I stamped the gorgeous Woodware 'Gone to Seed' image over the top in VersaFine Onyx Black ink and heat set it with my heat tool.  I die cut the black panel, added the ribbon and glued the panel to the front of an A6 white card base.  I spritzed the image panel with Champagne Mist spray so in real life it's lovely and sparkly, glued that in place and popped up the sentiment banner.


Here's a closer look.  The 'Gone to Seed' stamp is one of my favourite images for sure! 


Just some simple black ink stamping for the inside of the card and the envelope flap. 


Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'Gone to Seed', Clearly Besotted 'Message Me' set

CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean & Dusty Concord Distress Inks, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Concord & 9th 'Select A Size Edge' die set, Apple Blossom 'Banners' die set
Embellishments & accessories:Champagne Mist spray, SU! Sweet Sugarplum ribbon, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10