Thursday 21 March 2019

Stripes & Leaves Thank You Card - RRCB#106

Hurrah, I'm back on the web after nearly two weeks without internet access!  Our new router arrived today and it's wonderful to be connected again!  I checked out the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog to see that this week's challenge is 'Mad About Stripes'.


A couple of weeks ago I was chuffed to bits to be voted the 'Biggest Loser' at my Slimming World group and during 2018 I won 'Woman of the Year' and 'Miss Slinky' too.  I know I wouldn't have been as successful on my weight loss journey without my hubby Owen's constant support and encouragement. I wanted to make a card for him to say huge thanks from the bottom of my heart and I think stripes are a good option for masculine cards.

I've used my Hero Arts 'Stripes and Frame' stamp and embossing folder set that has been in my stash since 2012 so that's 7 years old - and to my shame I think I've only used it once before!  I stamped the stripes and frame image using SU! Basic Gray ink and then embossed the stamped panel.  I added Coastal Cabana and Basic Gray CS layers to the 5 1/2" square card front, using a stitched square die I cut the stamped and embossed panel to 4" square and  popped it up on 3D foam tape.  I die cut a Coastal Cabana flagged banner and stamped the sentiment in Bermuda Bay ink.  I added silver nailheads and popped the banner up.  I stamped three leaves using the gorgeous skeleton leaf images from the SU! 'Rooted in Nature' set and I popped the leaves up as well. 


Here's a closer look at the main panel so you can see the embossing detail.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap. 


Owen was very happy with his card and thanks to the Retro Rubber Challenge I was very happy to use my old neglected stash items to make the card!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Stripes & Frame' stamp & embossing folder combo set, SU! 'One Big Meaning' & 'Rooted In Nature' sets
CS: SU! Basic Gray, Coastal Cabana & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Basic Gray, Coastal Cabana & Bermuda Bay
Tools: folder from Hero Arts 'Stripes & Frame' stamp & embossing folder combo set, MFT Die-namics 'First Place Award' die set, Memory Box 'Stitched Square Layers' die set
Embellishments & accessories: silver nailheads, 3D foam tape, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

3 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

The Basic Grey and Coastal Cabana make a smart combination. Lovely to see those stamped stripes too. A suitably stylish and male card for your husband. Congratulations on being the biggest loser too! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge, Ruth.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love your design and the colors on this card, the stripes are awesome embossed after stamping them, a beautiful background for your fabulous leaves, your hubby will love this card.
Thank you for sharing at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
XO
Maria/DT

LeAnne said...

GOOD FOR YOU! Congrats on your weight loss, and what a nice way to shower your hubby with thanks! This lovely card is so clean and classic...love the colors you used too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

01 09 10