Sunday 24 February 2019

Monochrome Dandelion Happy Birthday Card

The SU! 'Dandelion Wishes' stamp set is so pretty and it's been sitting in my craft room waiting to get inked up for a few weeks now.  I took a look at Pinterest to get some inspiration and found this card made by Becky at Scrappin' and Stampin' in GJ that really attracted my attention.

It looked simple but stunning, quick to make and I love the black and white monochrome look.  I CASEd Becky's card and here's my version.  My card measures 5 1/2" square.  I stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black ink, added clear embossing powder over the top and heat set with my heat tool.  After I'd adhered my three white strips I popped up the black mat layer.  You can't tell from the photo but there's a lovely shimmer on the dandelion seed heads as I went over them with my clear Wink of Stella pen.


Simple stamping on the inside of the card and on the envelope flap to finish off.  What a lovely sentiment and a beautiful font!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Dandelion Wishes' set, Hobby Art 'Happy Birthday'
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White (thick)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black

Tools: heat tool
Embellishments & accessories: SU! clear embossing powder, clear Wink of Stella pen, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10