Wednesday 20 February 2019

Blue Butterflies Birthday Card - #RRCB104

Tic tac toe challenges are really fun and that's what this week's Retro Rubber Challenge has given us.


I've chosen the first vertical line of butterflies, stripes and blue - and I opted to include the middle square of birthday also.  The Hero Arts 'Antique Flowers & Butterflies' stamps and dies combo set plus some other Hero Arts stuff that have been in my stash for about eight years got an outing for this card.  I am working on a craft room destash as I know I have too much craft stuff but these products definitely ain't leaving my stash any time soon! 

I stamped the striped background in SU! Balmy Blue ink and the butterflies and sentiment were stamped in SU! Night of Navy ink.  I added some Balmy Blue ink to the die cut butterflies and edged them with Night of Navy ink using sponge daubers.  The Balmy Blue sentiment label is popped up - I meant to add two rhinestones to the label but I forgot before I took the photo, I will definitely add the sparkle to the label later on!  I folded the butterfly wings up, glued the bodies flat to the card but placed half a Dimensional foam pad under each wing with the backing paper left on so that the wings stay popped up.


I used the 'Canvas Stripes' background stamp again but this time I stamped off once to get a paler colour, I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy ink and cut out the sentiment using a rectangle die.  I glued a strip of Night of Navy CS to the left hand side of the inside of the card, glued the sentiment in place and added a small butterfly.  A large stamped and die cut butterfly was added to the envelope flap to finish off.


So, so happy to have spent some time in my craft room today, that's what a day off from work is all about!  I have the next few days off as well so hoping to get inky again soon!  Many thanks to the folks at the Retro Rubber Challenge blog, it's wonderful that they give us the opportunities to use our older stamps, it's exciting to get new supplies but it's lovely to use my oldies but goodies!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Antique Flowers & Butterflies' stamps & dies combo set, Hero Arts 'Canvas Stripes' background stamp, Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' & 'Yummy Treats' sentiments sets
CS: SU! Night of Navy & Whisper White (thick and regular)
Ink: SU! Balmy Blue & Night of Navy
Tools: butterfly dies from Hero Arts 'Antique Flowers & Butterflies' stamps & dies combo set, Hero Arts 'Small Tag Frame' die set, Marianne Design 'Basic Stitch Passepartout Rectangle' die set, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

4 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

What an elegant and stylish card! I love the way you've added in some touches of Balmy Blue onto the butterflies. The way they're popped up gives a lovely sense of movement. I thought your striped background was DSP - lovely work! I can see why these things wouldn't be leaving your stash any time soon! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Neva Cole said...

Wow, what a great job with your wonderful card. The Butterflies are beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

Claire Grantham said...

This is wonderful, so elegant and has a vintage feel to it. I love my older stamps, there are some I know I will just never part with! Did I miss it? I don't think you included the age of your stamps, can you do that so we can consider you in our Top 5. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

LeAnne said...

Oh my, I just love that striped ticking background...so country, especially in my favorite BLUE! Your butterfly is gorgeous too! Thanks for playing with our Retro Rubber challenge!

01 09 10