Monday 7 January 2019

Needlepoint Elements People Like You Thanks Card

This fab card made by Jenny Hall I saw on Pinterest really caught my eye.  I love the colour combo and the simple yet striking design.  I wanted to make a thank you card for my friend Lesley to show appreciation for the smashing Christmas gifts I received from her.  I've been on holiday from work and I am so enjoying being inspired and being able to dash off to my craft room immediately and make my own version of a card!  Back to reality now though!

Some retired SU! stuff found its way onto the card - the Pool Party glitter ribbon and the Fancy Frost sequins - along with my brand new goodies.  I popped up the sentiment label on Dimensionals.


Here's the inside of the card - quickly and easily done with the help of the SU! Stamparatus!


Here's the envelope.  I embossed the piece of Crumb Cake CS with the Needlepoint Elements design, adhered the piece of CS to the envelope flap and trimmed off the excess.  Then I thought a contrasting Pool Party flower would look nice - yeah, this was definitely one of those "it seemed a good idea at the time" ideas!  I embossed a Pool Party piece of CS and fussy cut the flower portion and nearly got to the end when I got too close to the holes and it acted like a perforation and I ended up with a very ragged edge.  Having got the idea firmly in my head I stubbornly carried on - and the same thing happened a second time!  The third time I fussy cut oh, so slowly and carefully and it turned out fine.  I rather think I won't be doing that again though!  I added a sequin to the flower centre and the card was finished.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Needle & Thread' set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Pool Party & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake & Pool Party
Tools: SU! 'Needlepoint Elements' Framelits die set, SU! 'Pretty Label' punch, SU! Stamparatus
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pool Party glitter ribbon, Fancy Frost sequins, Dimensionals


Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10