Friday 23 October 2020

Floral 60th Birthday Card

This is the 60th birthday card I made for our special friend Gill who loves bright colours.  It was an absolute joy to make this card for her!  Here is the card and envelope together.


I made a 5 1/2" square Coastal Cabana card base and adhered a mat layer of Melon Mambo CS.  I used pretty stamps from the SU! 'Beautiful Friendship' set and Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather and Melon Mambo inks.  After stamping the flowers, leaves and sentiment I cut the Whisper White square using a wonky stitches square die.  I stamped flowers and leaves on a scrap of Whisper White CS and cut out the 60 numbers.  Usually I cut several numbers out and stack them together for dimension but I bought some SU! Foam Adhesive Sheets and I cut one set of numbers with a piece of the foam adhesive sheet and I got dimensional numbers immediately, fab!  I finished off the front with some Gilded Gems and a generous spritz of Champagne Mist shimmer spray. 


Here's a closer look at the numbers.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.  I thought stamping the 'Friends like you mean more every year' was a sweet finishing touch!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Beautiful Friendship', 'Fancy Phrases' & 'Positive Thoughts' sets
CS: SU! Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo & Whisper White
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather & Melon Mambo  
Tools: SU! 'Large Numbers' die set, Creative Dies Plus 'Square Wonky Stitches' die set
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Foam Adhesive Sheet, Gilded Gems, Champagne Mist shimmer spray

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10