Thursday 29 October 2020

Snowflakes Season Sparkle Christmas Card

The Stampinis are a group on Facebook for direct to Stampin' Up! demonstrators.  It's lovely to belong to a community!  A sketch challenge was launched yesterday and as it's a great sketch I thought I'd take part.  Here's the sketch.


Snowflakes are a favourite Christmas motif for me and I chose to use products from the gorgeous SU! 'Snowflake Splendor' suite of products.  I stayed pretty faithful to the sketch but it's a sketch that could be easily tweaked for sure.  It's a grim day weather wise so the photos are not good, the card looks better in real life!  Here's the card and envelope together.


I embossed a piece of Whisper White CS with the 'Winter Snow' embossing folder and glued that to the front of a Highland Heather A6 card base.  I stamped the snowflakes in Highland Heather ink and then added a touch of Misty Moonlight ink with a sponge dauber.  I used Layering Circle dies to cut my circles and I layered my plain white circles onto scalloped circles cut from Balmy Blue glimmer paper. I popped the two smaller circles up on Dimensionals.  Blue adhesive gems added to the snowflake centres finished off the front.


Here's the inside of the card.  I stamped off the snowflake once and then stamped the sentiment over the top.  I do love a bit of layered stamping!


Here's the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Snowflake Wishes' set
CS: SU! Highland Heather & Whisper White, Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper
Ink: SU! Highland Heather & Misty Moonlight  
Tools: SU! 'Layering Circles' die set, 'Winter Snow' embossing folder, sponge dauber
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Blue Adhesive Backed Gems, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10