Saturday 7 November 2020

Monochrome Trees Merry Christmas Card

The Stampinis Facebook group have set another challenge - this time the challenge is to make a monochromatic project.  I love a monochrome card so I was very happy to play along!


Just Jade was my colour of choice, it's such a pretty colour.  I've used the SU! 'Winter Woods' and 'Perfectly Plaid' stamp sets.  Here's the card and envelope together.


I used an oval make up brush to apply ink to the masked rectangle area.  Esther Howard from Stampin Star Creations has this fab YouTube video showing how to make the mask - it's an ingenious method!  After applying the ink I stamped the trees using full strength and stamped off once ink and I stamped the sentiment.  While the mask was still in place I smacked a Wink of Stella pen against an acrylic block a few times to add a touch of shimmer.  It's too subtle to see in the photos but it's a lovely effect! 

While I absolutely love my SU! die sets I must confess I've recently bought a set of Claina Palmer A6 Double Stitched Nested Dies and I'm delighted to have dies that are perfectly sized for UK A6 cards.  I used two nesting dies from the set to cut my layers.  I added three self adhesive snowflake embellishments to finish the front.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.  The 'North Pole Delivery' sentiment was too appealing to resist!


So very happy to have added another Christmas card to my stash and as it's flat it will be perfect to pop in the post!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Winter Woods' & 'Perfectly Plaid' sets
CS: SU! Just Jade & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Just Jade  
Tools: Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stitched Nested Dies' set, oval make up brush
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Wink of Stella pen, Self Adhesive Snowflakes embellishments 

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10